Following are the top 10 ADEA Journal of Dental Education (JDE) articles of 2015, as selected by JDE Editor Dr. Nadeem Karimbux. These articles
are available for free on the
until February 15, 2016.
- Habib Benzian, John S. Greenspan, Jane Barrow, Jeffrey W. Hutter, Peter M. Loomer, Nicole Stauf, and Dorothy A. Perry. A Competency Matrix for Global Oral Health.
J Dent Educ 2015 79:353–361.
- James R. Cole, William W. Dodge, John S. Findley, Stephen K. Young, Bruce D. Horn, Kenneth L. Kalkwarf, Max M. Martin, Jr., and Ronald L. Winder. Will Large DSO-Managed Group Practices Be the Predominant Setting for Oral Health Care by 2025? Two Viewpoints: Viewpoint 1: Large DSO-Managed Group Practices Will Be the Setting
in Which the Majority of Oral Health Care Is Delivered by 2025 and Viewpoint 2: Increases in DSO-Managed Group Practices Will Be Offset by Models Allowing Dentists to Retain the Independence and Freedom of a Traditional Practice.
J Dent Educ 2015 79:465–471.
- Sophie Doméjean, Stéphanie Léger, Peter Rechmann, Joel M. White, and John D.B. Featherstone. How Do Dental Students Determine Patients’ Caries Risk Level Using the Caries Management By Risk Assessment (CAMBRA) System?
J Dent Educ 2015 79:278–285.
- Robert J. Hinton, Ann L. McCann, Emet D. Schneiderman, and Paul C. Dechow. The Winds of Change Revisited: Progress Towards Building a Culture of Evidence-Based Dentistry.
J Dent Educ 2015 79:499–509.
- Jeffrey T. Jackson, Rocio B. Quinonez, Amanda K. Kerns, Alice Chuang, R. Scott Eidson, Kim A. Boggess, Jane A. Weintraub. Implementing a Prenatal Oral Health Program Through Interprofessional Collaboration.
J Dent Educ 2015 79:239-240.
- Cynthia Jayne Miller and Michael James Metz. Can Clinical Scenario Videos Improve Dental Students’ Perceptions of the Basic Sciences and Ability to Apply Content Knowledge?
J Dent Educ 2015 79:1452–1460.
- Anthony Palatta, Bryan J. Cook, Eugene L. Anderson, and Richard W. Valachovic. 20 Years Beyond the Crossroads: The Path to Interprofessional Education at U.S. Dental Schools.
J Dent Educ 2015 79:982–996.
- John W. Reinhardt. Improving the Fiscal Sustainability of Teaching Clinics at Dental Schools.
J Dent Educ 2015 79:1393–1395.
- Heiko Spallek, Sharon P. Turner, Evelyn Donate-Bartfield, David Chambers, Maureen McAndrew, Pamela Zarkowski, and Nadeem Karimbux. Social Media in the Dental School Environment. Part A: Benefits, Challenges, and Recommendations for Use.
J Dent Educ 2015 79:1140–1152. Part B: Curricular Considerations.
J Dent Educ 2015 79:1153-1166.
- Helen Whelton and Margaret J. Wardman. The Landscape for Women Leaders in Dental Education, Research, and Practice.
J Dent Educ 2015 79:S7-S12.
Published on January 13, 2016.