ADEA is pleased to offer a new round of holistic review workshops to aid dental institutions in addressing and reviewing admission policies, procedures and practices. Over three months, beginning in May, trainers from the AFASA community will conduct the half-day workshops with ADEA staff, which are offered on-site and intended to provide technical assistance to the entire admissions committee and other key leaders.
Since the workshop content is tailored to the specific needs of admissions committees and institutions, ADEA will accommodate as many requests as possible during this timeframe.
Workshops topics include:
- The admissions process as a tool to support institutional excellence.
- Supreme Court rulings and the educational benefits of diversity as a “compelling interest.”
- Diversity policies and practices in the context of CODA pre-doctoral accreditation standards.
- Race-neutral alternatives in admissions.
- The role of unconscious bias (unconscious patterns, beliefs or perceptions that impact how we view others and make decisions) in admissions practices.
- Theory and research behind holistic admissions.
- Results of the 2012-2013 ADEA Admissions Officers Survey.
- Admissions case studies.
To host an admissions workshop at your school or learn more about this round of workshops, email your request to ADEA Program Associate Kendall Young at firstname.lastname@example.org.