ADEA and AAL present the final module this spring in the Compass Program for Academic Advancement, providing early- and mid-career faculty with guidance and understanding about skills critical to academic success.
This module is facilitated by Nadeem Karimbux, Editor of the Journal of Dental Education (JDE) and Associate Dean for Academic Affairs at the Tufts School of Dental Medicine, and Lynn Whittaker, JDE Managing Editor.
Writing for Publication Module
April 17-18, 2014, 8:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m., Atlanta, GA
Enhance writing skills and avoid the mistakes that lead to rejection by professional journals:
- The characteristics of writing clear and compelling manuscripts.
- Avoiding mistakes identified by reviewers.
- Common academic writing problems.
- Use of text-editing techniques to enhance clarity of manuscripts.
- The bookends approach for writing single-concept paragraphs.
- Writing strategies for each section of an educational research manuscript.
- The reasons for rejection of manuscripts.
- Manuscript critique and evaluation.
The tuition for each module is only $595. Discounts are available for groups of three or more faculty from the same institution and alumni of any AAL programs.
Details about this Compass module and registration are available on the AAL website. For questions and to arrange for discounts, contact AAL Vice President George Weinstein at firstname.lastname@example.org or (404) 350-2098.