The Commission on Dental Accreditation (CODA) is calling for nominations to fill Public Member vacancies on Review Committees and the Commission. The Commission would like to receive nominations by September 6.
If you or someone you know may be interested in volunteering for a public member position on the Commission, please contact Alyson Ackerman at email@example.com or 312-440-4660 to request a nomination form and Review Committee and Commission meeting dates.
The Nominating Committee will review the nominations and submit recommendations to the Commission. Nominations may not be directed toward a specific review committee and requests to be placed on a specific review committee will not be honored. Appointments are made for one four-year term beginning and ending in October of each year.
The nomination criteria are as follows:
- Ability to commit to one four-year term.
- Willingness to commit five to 10 days per year to Review Committee activities, including training, comprehensive review of print and electronically delivered materials and travel to Commission headquarters.
- Ability to evaluate an educational program objectively in terms of broad areas such as curriculum, faculty, facilities, student evaluation and outcomes assessment.
- Stated willingness to comply with all Commission policies and procedures (e.g., Agreement of Confidentiality, Conflict of Interest Policy, Operational Guidelines, Simultaneous Service, and Professional Conduct Policy and Prohibition Against Harassment).
- Ability to conduct business through electronic means (email, Commission websites).
- Active member of the American Dental Association, where applicable.
Public/Consumer nominees must adhere to the following additional criteria: A commitment to bring the public/consumer perspective to Review Committee deliberations. The nominee should not have any formal or informal connection to the profession of dentistry; also, the nominee should have an interest in, or knowledge of, health-related and accreditation issues.
The nominee must not be a:
- Dentist or member of an allied dental discipline.
- Member of a dental, advanced dental or allied dental program faculty.
- Employee, member of the governing board, owner, shareholder of or consultant to a dental, advanced dental or allied dental education program that is accredited by the Commission on Dental Accreditation, has applied for initial accreditation or is not-accredited.
- Member or employee of any professional/trade association, licensing/regulatory agency or membership organization related to, affiliated with or associated with the Commission, dental education or dentistry.
- Spouse, parent, child or sibling of an individual identified above (a through d).
In selecting appointees to the Review Committee and the Commission, CODA requests that strong consideration be given to assisting this agency to achieve diversity, including underrepresented groups, geographic diversity and varied educational philosophies.