ADEA/MouthWatch Patti DiGangi Scholarship for Dental Hygiene Innovation
The ADEA/MouthWatch Patti DiGangi Scholarship for Dental Hygiene Innovation provides financial assistance to dental hygiene students to enable them to achieve their academic and professional goals. Ms. DiGangi is a trailblazer, mentor and advocate who is dedicated to expanding and advancing career opportunities for dental hygienists. Her passion for dental hygiene and commitment to excellence led her to mentor others to help them reach their potential.
This scholarship named in her honor recognizes dental hygiene students who express the desire to transform oral health through leadership and innovative care delivery. The scholarship is open to dental hygiene students who have completed at least one year of an accredited dental hygiene program and are in good academic standing.
Application is scheduled to open in August 2024.
The $1,000 scholarship is awarded to an individual who is pursuing dental hygiene at the associate, baccalaureate or master’s degree level.
An applicant must:
- Be enrolled as a full-time student in an accredited program in dental hygiene or public health in the United States or Canada, having completed at least one year of the program.
- Maintain good academic standing.
- Demonstrate achievements in research, community service, leadership, personal growth, etc. that relate to career goals.
- Be an ADEA Individual Member.
Applications must be received by Nov. 1, 2023.
Application Process Checklist
Applicants must submit the following items by Nov. 1, 2023.
- A letter of recommendation from a dental hygiene faculty member addressing the candidate’s qualities.
- A summary of the insights gained from achievements in research, community service, leadership, personal growth, etc. that relate to the candidate’s career goals.
- A current curriculum vitae.
- Transcripts obtained from the candidate’s school registrar verifying academic standing.
Notification Date and Award Announcement
Scholarship recipients and applicants not receiving awards will be notified by Feb. 1, 2024.
Awards will be announced during the 2024 ADEA Annual Session & Exhibition, March 9–12, 2024, in New Orleans, LA.
Please contact the ADEA Office of Learning at
ProfessionalDevelopment@adea.org with any questions.
Ms. Victoria King,
University of Oklahoma College of Dentistry
Ms. Miranda Menk, Virginia Commonwealth University School of Dentistry