ADEA/Crest Oral-B Scholarships for Predoctoral Dental Students Pursuing Academic Careers
The American Dental Education Association (ADEA) and the Procter & Gamble Company announce the ADEA/Crest Oral-B Scholarships for Predoctoral Dental Students Pursuing Academic Careers. These scholarships support dental students who demonstrate firm commitments to becoming dental educators.
The application process is closed.
Each year two dental students receive the ADEA/Crest Oral-B Scholarship for Predoctoral Dental Students Pursuing Academic Careers.
Each scholarship recipient receives $5,500.
An applicant must:
- Be enrolled in a predoctoral program at an ADEA Member Institution.
- Demonstrate interest in advanced education.
- Show commitment to pursuing an academic career in dental education.
- Be an ADEA Individual Member.
The following items must be submitted by Nov. 2, 2020, using the ADEA online application process.
- A personal statement detailing his or her experiences, influences and decision-making that demonstrate a firm commitment to becoming a dental educator.
- Individual letters of nomination and evaluation from two faculty members that address the candidate’s career goals.
- A letter of recommendation from the student’s dean or person of equivalent academic rank.
- Transcripts obtained from the candidate’s school registrar verifying academic standing.
Notification Date and Award Announcement
Scholarship recipients and applicants not receiving awards will be notified on or before Feb. 1, 2021.
Awards will be announced during the all-virtual 2021 ADEA Annual Session & Exhibition, March 13–16, 2021.
Mr. Eric Lund
ADEA Professional Development Manager
Ms. Leela Breitman, Harvard School of Dental Medicine
Ms. Ngobitak Ndiwane, Columbia University College of Dental Medicine
Ms. Swaitha Maripuri, Tufts University School of Dental Medicine
Ms. Christina Nunez, Columbia University College of Dental Medicine
Dr. Devon Allison, University of Maryland School of Dentistry
Dr. Kyle Diehl, University of Colorado School of Dental Medicine
Mr. Elias Almaz, University of California, San Francisco, School of Dentistry
Ms. Beatriz Fortanely, University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio School of Dentistry
Ms. Wendan Li, University of California, San Francisco, School of Dentistry
Mr. Ho-Hyun Sun, Western University of Health Sciences College of Dental Medicine
Mr. Jonathan Chodroff, Columbia University College of Dental Medicine
Ms. Kaitrin Kramer, University of Michigan School of Dentistry
Lt. Adam Bennett, Arizona School of Dentistry & Oral Health
Mr. Kyle Holmberg, University of Minnesota School of Dentistry
Mr. Jeffrey T. Hajibandeh, Columbia University College of Dental Medicine
Mr. Michael C. Shapiro, Columbia University College of Dental Medicine
Ms. Kayleigh A. Eaves, Columbia University College of Dental Medicine
Ms. Angela Gullard, University of Alabama at Birmingham School of Dentistry