Council on Dental Education and Licensure
American Dental Education Association (ADEA) representatives who are appointed and serve in elective, appointive or employed offices or positions for the American Dental Association (ADA) do so in a representative or fiduciary capacity that requires undivided loyalty to the ADA. At all times while serving in such offices or positions, all such individuals must act in the interests of the Association and must avoid situations where personal or professional interests may conflict with their ability to do so. It is important that these individuals never use their office or position for financial or other personal gain or advantage, and that they promptly disclose any potential conflict that would adversely affect their ability to exercise their judgment in favor of the ADA.
The appointee’s term will begin at the close of the ADA 2023 House of Delegates meeting and will conclude at the 2027 ADA meeting.
All appointees must:
- Be able to commit to one four-year term.
- Be an active member of ADEA.
- Hold the position of professional rank in a dental school accredited by the Commission on Dental Accreditation.
- Abide by the requirements set forth in the ADA Governance Manual throughout their term as a member of the Council.
- Be willing to commit four to 20 days per year to assignments.
- Be willing to learn how to use ADA Connect since this is how the CDEL communicates, distributes information, and conducts official business.
- Comply with all commission policies and procedures.
- Be able to conduct business through electronic means (email, commission websites).
- Be an active, life or retired member of the ADA, where applicable.
Appointees Must Not:
- Be a current dental examiner and/or a member of any state or regional testing agency, state board of dentistry or jurisdictional dental licensing agency while serving as a member of the Council on Dental Education and Licensure.
- Have previously served as an ADEA appointee to the Council on Dental Education and Licensure.
- Have served on any other ADA councils or commissions within the past two years.
Length of Term
A four-year term.
Term Start Date:
Begins at the close of the ADA 2024 House of Delegates meeting.