5 Questions With ... Dr. Mina Ghorbanifarajzadeh
Mina Ghorbanifarajzadeh, D.M.D.
1. What makes you excited to go to work each day?
Working in the space of artificial intelligence, in itself, is exciting. I get to be even more energized because I get to think about how to implement it into dental education. The possibilities are endless and the work to be done is just the same. I am excited about the future of dentistry!
2. What’s the one piece of advice you would give to anyone in dental school?
If you are thinking differently . . . Good! Having a new and creative lens will keep you passionate and agile enough to move with the changes in the industry and society.
3. What’s the biggest challenge facing dental education today?
Dental education is lagging in both the methodology for how the next generation learns AND as a profession. The incoming generation thinks of their career very differently than in the past. Dental education will need to modernize and align with the dental students’ wants professionally and how they learn.
4. What do you look forward to outside of work?
Yoga and cooking without fail are my favorite pastimes.
5. What skill or talent would you most like to develop?
I want to learn how to play the santur.