5 Questions With ... Mr. Gary J. Pickard
Mr. Gary J. Pickard
Senior Director, Government and Industry Affairs
Pacific Dental Services
1. What’s the best career advice you ever received?
Helping others is always in your best interest.
2. How has your industry sector had to pivot as a result of the pandemic?
We’ve had to do much more with less, becoming leaner and working even smarter to be more efficient and effective than ever.
3. What’s a major development in your field that’s flying under the radar?
There’s now a broad recognition of the positive impact and value that Dental Support Organizations (DSOs), like Pacific Dental Services, provide to the entire health care industry—from high-quality jobs and opportunities to advancing the utilization of proven technologies (CADCAM, CBCT, EHR, Lasers, etc.) for the benefit of clinicians and patients alike.
4. How will “doing business” be different for your company in the future?
Since we’re leading the dental-medical integration effort, I expect we’ll be supporting more physicians and other non-dental clinicians, assisting in the collaboration between them and oral health care professionals.
5. Has the current environment caused a rethinking of direction for your work and the work of your company?
It has caused us to accelerate our efforts, and to be laser focused on our primary emphasis of supporting and helping clinicians succeed.