ADEA Leadership Institute Phase V Leadership Development Tuition Scholarship
ADEA Emerging Leaders Program
July 2020 | Washington, D.C.
The American Dental Education Association (ADEA) announces the ADEA Leadership Institute Phase V Leadership Development Tuition Scholarship: ADEA Summer Program for Emerging Academic Leaders. This scholarship has been created to enable an early career faculty member (up to three years of experience) to participate in the ADEA Summer Program for Emerging Academic Leaders. The faculty member must be nominated by an alumnus or alumna or the ADEA Leadership Institute.
The application deadline has passed.
The ADEA Summer Program for Emerging Academic Leaders is a three-and-a-half-day program that covers topics such as leadership styles, team building and time management, which are essential to planning and implementing a successful academic career. This highly interactive program has been designed specifically
to give faculty guidance, insight and skills to propel their careers, and is suited for early career faculty members, whether they recently joined their institutions after a residency or after time spent in private practice. The programming includes onsite sessions led by preeminent experts in dental
education, readings, assignments and team-building exercises. Additionally, each participant is assigned to a peer group tasked with helping its members implement the topics discussed and learn to manage the pressures of being a new faculty member. These peer groups are facilitated by leaders in dental
education, who themselves are graduates of the ADEA Summer Program for Emerging Academic Leaders or the ADEA Leadership Institute.
One $1,950 tuition scholarship will be awarded in 2020. The scholarship recipient, or his or her institution, will be responsible for lodging and transportation expenses associated with participating in the program, held in Washington, D.C.
An applicant must:
- Agree to the terms of scholarship, which includes participating in the program’s entirety. Additionally, the applicant may be asked to participate in a video testimonial of the scholarship’s impact on his or her professional development. Portions of
the video and a post-program report written by the applicant may be used for ADEA promotional purposes.
- Be nominated by an alumnus/alumna of the ADEA Leadership Institute.
- Be a full- or part-time educator or administrator at an ADEA Member Institution.
- Be an ADEA Individual Member.
The following items must be submitted by Nov. 1, 2019, using the
ADEA online application process .
- A completed ADEA Leadership Development Tuition Scholarship application form, including a personal statement describing the applicant’s strengths and weaknesses as a faculty member and a summary describing any previous professional development he
or she has experienced.
- A current curriculum vitae.
- One letter of nomination from an alumnus/alumna of the ADEA Leadership Institute, stating why the applicant should be considered for the tuition scholarship.
Notification Date and Award Announcement
Scholarship recipients and applicants not receiving awards will be notified on or before Feb. 1, 2020.
Awards will be announced at a ceremony during the 2020 ADEA Annual Session & Exhibition in National Harbor, MD, March 14–17, 2020.
Mr. Eric Lund
ADEA Professional Development Manager
Dr. Andrew Corsaro, University of Florida College of Dentistry
Dr. Kevin Luan, University of Illinois at Chicago College of Dentistry
Dr. Cameron Jeter, University of Texas School of Dentistry at Houston
Dr. Tobie Jones, Oregon Health & Science University School of Dentistry