Purpose & Priorities
The purpose of the ADEA Council of Allied Dental Program Directors is to provide representation of all allied dental education programs, to coordinate discussion regarding allied dental education's key issues and to advise the Board of Directors regarding issues affecting the allied dental community.
The Council's priorities include having an active voice on educational issues which affect allied students, faculty and administration on a local, regional or national level. This may include, but is not limited to:
- Providing support services to non-dental school institutions.
- Enhancing leadership skills for allied dental administrators and faculty.
- Facilitating curricular reform in allied dental education.
- Maintaining relevance in accreditation, licensing and credentialing mechanisms.
- Developing relationships and collaborations with other related associations.
- Encouraging allied dental faculty diversity, recruitment, retention, and development.
- Enhancing diversity in allied dental student recruitment.
- Preparing the workforce of the future.
- Ensuring educational quality in new oral healthcare workforce models.
- Determining data sets that will be useful for allied dental education and faculty.