2022 Call for Nominations
The 2022 Gies Awards Gala will be hosted in conjunction with the 2022 ADEA Annual Session & Exhibition.
Join us to honor the legacy of Dr. Gies, promote the work of future-ready leaders and celebrate the innovation and achievement of visionaries in our community.
The ADEAGies Foundation® is accepting nominations for the 2022 Gies Awards for Vision, Innovation and Achievement.
You are invited to nominate individuals and organizations that exemplify the highest standards of vision, innovation and achievement in oral health and dental education.
Nominations open on May 3, 2021.
ALL NOMINATION SUBMISSIONS MUST INCLUDE
- The completed entry form submitted online.
- The category and classification for which an individual or organization is being nominated (choose only one category per nomination).
- The nominee’s full name, including designations and classifications.
- The nominee’s contact information and submitting body’s contact information (please include business addresses, telephone numbers and emails).
- An executive summary, up to two pages, outlining the nominee’s contributions to and support of oral health and dental education, corresponding with the definitions provided in the “Categories” section for Vision, Innovation or Achievement.
- A letter of nomination, up to one page, explaining why you are nominating the person or organization and what distinguishes that nominee as a potential Gies Award winner. Only individuals in charge of submissions may provide a letter of nomination; no other recommendation letters should be included.
- Any supplemental materials* documenting the nominee’s program or service, including samples, planning documents, videos (or links to published videos), marketing or promotional materials.
*All supplemental materials must be submitted in a digital format.
If no nominee meets the eligibility requirements or standards for an award, the award may not be given. Each finalist selected may be asked to provide additional information and must be willing to accept the award virtually.
ELIGIBILITY AND TYPES OF ENTRY
||ACADEMIC DENTAL INSTITUTION
An educational institution granting academic degrees or certification in predoctoral, allied or advanced dental education.
An instructor or administrator in any predoctoral, allied or advanced dental education program.
||PUBLIC OR PRIVATE PARTNER
An individual, corporate, nonprofit or governmental entity with a dental, educational, public service or consumer mission working toward common goals in oral health or dental education.