The Foundation has one funding cycle per year, which runs from September to June.
All letters of intent (LOI) for any given funding cycle are received on a rolling basis to be invited to submit a full proposal. Invitations for proposals will be sent within 45 days of receiving the LOI. Funding decisions will be made in September and grantees will be notified in October. Upon completion, grantees must report project outcomes to the Foundation. Three to five proposals may be funded annually.
Grant support ranges up to $25,000 and may be provided as a one-time grant or for up to four years.
How to Apply
Provide an initial LOI (500 words or fewer) to the ADEAGies Foundation Grants Committee Chairperson, 655 K Street, NW, Suite 800, Washington, DC 20001.
The LOI should briefly state:
- Purpose and objectives of the project.
- Funding requested.
- Length of funding request.
If an applicant is invited to submit a full proposal, he or she must provide the following information:
- ✓ Contact name.
- ✓ Legal organization name (do not use acronyms).
- ✓ Complete contact information, including mailing address, telephone number and email address.
- ✓ Project title and purpose.
- ✓ Project objectives.
- ✓ Project activities, including target audiences, methodology, operational procedures and schedules.
- ✓ Budget, including total dollars required for the project and institutional and other support expected.
- ✓ Length of funding request.
- ✓ Anticipated outcomes and means to measure and assess outcomes.
- ✓ Personnel resources required.
- ✓ Sustainability of the project after the grant period has ended.
- ✓ Ways in which the ADEAGies Foundation will be recognized for its contribution.
Additional information may be requested. Proposals, including appendices and other attachments, should not exceed 15 pages.
Note: When permitted, grantees may use the ADEAGies Foundation logo and key brand components to promote grant-funded efforts.
Approval of branding use must be obtained in writing from the Foundation.
If you have questions about the ADEAGies Foundation brand, or implementing the logo appropriately and successfully, please contact the ADEA Staff Liaison at