What is the contact information for the Francis Marion Hotel?
Francis Marion Hotel
387 King Street
Charleston, SC 29403
Phone: (843) 722-0600
How do I register for the conference?
The registration deadline has passed.
How do I make a hotel reservation?
- The room rate for ADEA attendees is $199 per night, single or double occupancy, plus applicable taxes (currently 14%).
- The rate for each additional person, age 18 and older, is $199 plus applicable taxes, per person, per night.
- All rates are per room, per night and are subject to a 14% room tax.
- You can call (843) 722-0600 or (877) 756-2121 to make reservations and request the ADEA group rate.
- The deadline for hotel reservations at the group rate is Tuesday, Jan. 7, 2020, or when the group rate rooms sell out, whichever occurs first. After Jan. 7, reservations at the group rate will be accepted only on a space available basis. The room block may fill before Jan. 7, so we encourage you to make your reservations early.
- Reservations may be cancelled up to 72 hours prior to reserved arrival date at no charge. For cancellations made after the time noted, the hotel will retain the room deposit of one night plus applicable taxes.
- Hotel check-in time is 4:00 p.m. or earlier as rooms become available. Check-out time is noon. Please contact the hotel directly if you need to cancel your reservation.
- You are responsible for making your hotel arrangements directly with the property. The registration fee does not include hotel arrangements, flight, ground transportation or any incidentals related to traveling to the workshop.
When should I arrive for and depart from the meeting?
When making your travel arrangements, please keep in mind that the program begins with the welcome reception and dinner at the hotel on Thursday, Feb. 6 at 6:30 p.m. and concludes with peer group discussion, debrief, and next steps on Sunday, Feb. 9 at 11:00 a.m.
What if I want to arrive early or stay after the conference?
The ADEA hotel block rates may be available three days before and after the program dates based on guest room availability.
Which is the closest airport to the conference site?
The closest airport is the Charleston International Airport (CHS), which is approximately 12 miles away.
Air Travel Advisory: As of Jan. 22, 2018, passengers who have driver’s licenses issued by a state that is not yet compliant with REAL ID and that has not received an extension will need to show an alternative form of acceptable identification for domestic air travel. Check to see if your state is REAL ID compliant.
To learn more about REAL ID, view FAQs.
How do I get to and from the airport?
A variety of transportation options are available, including taxis, shuttles and rental cars.
You can reserve your shuttle online.
A one-way fare to the airport is approximately $25−$30.
If I drive, how do I get there and where do I park?
Driving directions to the Francis Marion Hotel can be found on the hotel website.
Valet Parking for guests is available at a daily rate of $25 plus tax. Self-Parking is available at $20 daily. (All rates are subject to change without notice.)
What is the dress code for the meeting?
Attire for this meeting is business casual; be sure to check the
local weather forecast.
What amenities are offered at the hotel?
The hotel offers a 24-hour access fitness center, a full-service day spa and business center.
You can find more details online.
What restaurants are on the property?
The Swamp Fox Restaurant and Bar is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Find out more details about the menu and make reservations online.
If I have a child under the age of 18 with me, what must I know?
To provide an appropriate professional setting, ADEA does not allow children under the age of 21 to attend any conference functions. We request that you arrange for the supervision of children that accompany you.
Where do I remit check payments to?
Remit all check payments to:
American Dental Education Association (ADEA)
Meetings and Conferences
ADEA Leadership Institute Phase V
Department 0741 Washington, DC 20073-0741
Financial disclaimer for credit card payments: ADEA reserves the right to charge the correct amount if it is different from the total payment made at the time of registration.
What if I have to cancel my program registration?
To cancel your registration, please contact Shalonda King at KingS@adea.org.
Registration and Programming Questions
ADEA Contact Information:
Will Continuing Education (CE) credits be provided for this event?
Yes, CE credits will be provided. An email with instructions will be sent to all attendees after the conference.