ADEA PASS Application Instructions

Academic History/Transcripts

This section includes information on undergraduate/graduate colleges attended, dental schools attended and advanced dental education programs attended. The applicant should add each academic credential to only one of these three sections. An exception is the case of a Bachelor of Dental Surgery. If a Bachelor of Dental Surgery was earned, the applicant should add one entry for the B.D.S. under “Undergraduate/Graduate Colleges Attended” and another entry (with the same information) to the “Dental Schools Attended” section. Only official dental school transcripts and unofficial undergraduate transcripts will be accepted.  

Undergraduate/Graduate Colleges Attended 

Unofficial undergraduate transcripts can be uploaded under “Additional Documents” and should not be mailed to ADEA PASS. List any undergraduate and graduate colleges attended in this section. Applicants will enter the college, major, GPA, credit hours, degree granted or expected and the dates of attendance. Optional undergraduate transcripts are accepted. For information on uploading undergraduate transcripts see the section on “Document Uploads” on page 8. 

Dental Schools Attended  

Dental school transcripts are required. To avoid processing delays, ADEA PASS strongly encourages applicants to complete the “Dental Schools Attended” section of the application first. ADEA PASS cannot post dental school transcripts or foreign evaluations received from an institution until this section is completed.  

U.S. Dental School Transcripts: ADEA PASS prefers that all dental school transcripts be sent directly from the issuing institution to ADEA PASS as original, official documents in hard copy form. 

  • For every dental school entered, a transcript request form will be generated. The applicant prints this form and provides it to the register’s office to accompany the dental school transcript. This form enables ADEA PASS to digitally match each dental school transcript to the correct application and is encouraged but not required. Failure to include this form with transcripts may increase the processing time of the documents once they arrive at ADEA PASS. 

  • Transcripts must be sent to: 
    ADEA PASS Transcripts Processing Department 
    P.O. Box 9115  
    Watertown, MA 02471 

Non-U.S. Dental School Transcripts: Official transcripts of coursework taken at dental institutions outside the United States must be translated into English and evaluated for U.S. equivalence.  

  • International dental graduates must submit foreign dental school transcript evaluation.  

  • ADEA recommends that applicants use World Education Services ( or Educational Credential Evaluators ( Request a course-by-course evaluation of the dental school transcript. Mark sheets will not be accepted. 

  • Submit the original, evaluated transcript to ADEA PASS with the required documents by the evaluation service directly to ADEA PASS.  

  • ADEA PASS does not verify coursework. 

Electronic Transcripts:  

If your school requires that you use a service other than Credential Solutions , you should ask that service to mail the transcripts instead of sending them electronically. Since you cannot include the Transcript Request Form, you should include your full ADEA PASS ID # when entering the ADEA PASS mailing address.  

Credential Solutions 

Click here to see if your school offers the Credentials Solutions service. If your school is not listed, your transcript must be sent by mail. If your school is listed, click here and follow the instructions to proceed. Once your transcript is requested, it takes 7-10 business days for it to post to your application. If your transcript is not posted after this timeframe, contact Credential Solutions directly to confirm the order was completed, then contact customer service.  

Advanced Dental Education Programs 

List any advanced dental education programs completed, or in-progress at the time of application. Applicants can only list programs under the program types provided. Be sure to provide the name of the program, the institution and country where it was completed, the level of the program (internship, externship, fellowship, graduate certificate or residency) and the dates of attendance.