ADEA Leadership Institute Application
The application process is closed.
► How to Apply
The ADEA online application requires:
- A completed application form,
- A current curriculum vitae,
- A nomination letter from the institution's dean or administrative equivalent and
- Two recommendation letters from professional colleagues.
Applications submitted via fax or email will not be considered.
► Application Process
The application process is conducted entirely online. The candidate is responsible for initiating the process using the "Apply Online" button at the top of the page.
The nominator and references will each receive an email message with a link to upload their letter of support.
► About Nominations and Expectations
A person must be nominated by a dean, program director, or equivalent administrative leader at an ADEA Member Institution. A nominator may make up to two nominations annually.
A nomination should clearly state a nominee's leadership experience and potential for higher levels of administrative leadership in dental and higher education. The nominator should also indicate the specific ways in which he or she will support the fellow during the fellowship year.
A nominee must:
- Demonstrate leadership at his or her institution, in the community or through research. Evidence of leadership may include outstanding success in past and current positions.
- Have a clear track record of increasing administrative responsibilities.
- Have experience with responsibilities such as chairing committees, advising student groups or mentoring students and faculty.
- Have experience with the development of local, regional or national faculty development workshops or community outreach programs.
- Have a record of scholarly contributions to dental education through teaching or research.
- Be an ADEA individual member.
► Limited Deferments
When extenuating circumstances prohibit a Fellow from participating in the ADEA Leadership Institute, deferments are considered on a case-by-case basis. Fellows may submit a written request for a participation deferment for one year only. All deferment requests require approval from a Fellow’s dean or dean’s designee.
Upon approval, deferments will receive a refund, less any expenses incurred by ADEA for program assessments, which will be processed via the original payment method. A new tuition invoice will be issued at the time of enrollment in the next cohort.
Space will be held in the subsequent ADEA Leadership Institute cohort until Aug. 31 of the next call for nominations cycle, by which time the individual will be asked to send written confirmation of participation. Fellows who do not confirm their intention to participate by the Aug. 31 deadline will be required to reapply to the program.
► Continuing Education
The American Dental Education Association designates this activity for up to 67 continuing education credits.
Please contact Mr. Eric Lund at 202-513-1188 or LundE@adea.org with any questions.