ADEA GoDental Internship
The application is now closed
Seeking predental intern as Brand Ambassador for ADEA GoDental
The American Dental Education Association (ADEA) is the voice of dental education. The mission of ADEA is to lead individuals and institutions of the dental education community to address contemporary issues impacting dental education and dental and craniofacial research, higher education, and the delivery of oral health care for the health and well-being of the public.
GoDental, an ADEA program dedicated to providing resources and networking opportunities to predental and prehygiene students from all backgrounds, including those who are from a disadvantaged or diverse background, is looking for a creative and enthusiastic intern to spread the word about the GoDental web and programmatic efforts to reach a diverse applicant pool for dental schools across the country as a GoDental Brand Ambassador. The chosen intern will attend the 2014 ADEA Annual Session at no cost to the student and be able to participate in a number of engaging educational sessions about dental education and “the science of learning.”
This is not paid position. All work will be conducted on a volunteer basis will be of an educational nature in order to prepare the intern to apply to dental school and pursue a career in dentistry.
- Act as ambassador for updated GoDental website and assist in conducting an outreach program to build an active brand ambassador network. Network with undergraduate predental clubs, health professions advisors and professors to spread awareness about the GoDental website, programs and social media, and gather potential content contributors.
- Attend the 2014 ADEA Annual Session & Exhibition and assist with execution of the ADEA GoDental Workshop and Recruitment Fair for Predental Students and Advisors and other GoDental initiatives during the 2014 ADEA Annual Session & Exhibition. The intern will arrive at the 2014 ADEA Annual Session & Exhibition in San Antonio, Texas in the evening on March 14 and depart on March 16. The American Dental Education Association will cover the cost of travel including transportation (plane, taxi), hotel, and meals during the 2014 ADEA Annual Session & Exhibition.
- Assist in brainstorming valuable updates to the GoDental website and related programs based on personal experience and scheduled feedback from other predental students and audience members.
- Must be a current college freshman, sophomore or junior (at time of application) with an interest in dentistry.
- Candidate should be heavily engaged in the use of various social media sites, conduct themselves professionally in the social media sphere, and have a strong urge to make the wealth of information GoDental provides accessible to all those interested oral health careers.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube).
- Intern must be comfortable using his/her personal accounts to conduct social network related duties involved in being a GoDental brand ambassador.
- Responsible self-starter with good time management, planning and organizational skills.
- Strong writing and communication skills with ability to effectively communicate to a diverse audience on a variety of different written and verbal platforms.
Hours and term: Intern will work remotely an average of 10-15 hours per month based on intern availability and will serve for one year starting on March 1, 2014. Weekly conference calls will be scheduled according to intern’s class schedule.
To apply, please click here and upload your cover letter and resume. The application will close Friday January 17, 2014 at 5 p.m. EST.
In your cover letter, please include the prior experience you have that makes you the perfect person to help promote our online and programmatic efforts to reach a diverse applicant pool for dental schools across the country.
We would love to see your tweets about why you should be the next GoDental intern using #GDIntern14.