Dental School Applicant Quick Guide
ADEA AADSAS®(ADEA Associated American Dental Schools Application Service) is the centralized application service for most U.S. and Canadian dental schools.
ADEA AADSAS simplifies the application process, allowing you to save time and energy by completing just one application for multiple dental schools.
Download the Dental School Applicant Quick Guide.
As of Friday, May 19, 2023, all funds for the 2023-24 ADEA AADSAS Fee Assistance Program have been depleted. Additional funds may become available after June 16, if all approved FAP applicants have not used all their funds.
As such, you are being provided with two choices:
- You may complete and submit your ADEA AADSAS application now and forgo any potential FAP funds.
- You may hold off on submitting your ADEA AADSAS application to see if additional funds become available. Please note there is no guarantee additional funds will be available.
If funds become available, all individuals who submitted an application for the 2023-24 ADEA AADSAS Fee Assistance Program by Thursday, May 18, 2023, will have their applications reviewed and processed (first come, first served). If you choose to wait for potential FAP funds, you cannot submit your ADEA AADSAS application until a decision about your FAP application has been made.
All U.S. dental schools participate in ADEA AADSAS and require it as the primary application. Texas residents applying to Texas dental schools, though, will need to apply through the
Texas Medical & Dental Schools Application Service (TMDSAS).
Foreign-educated dental graduates interested in completing an advanced standing program at a U.S. dental school will need to apply through the
ADEA Centralized Application for Advanced Placement for International Dentists (CAAPID).
Highlights/ Important Notes
- The 2023-24 application fees are $264 for the first school an applicant applies to and $115 for each additional school.
- Read all of the 2023-24 ADEA AADSAS application instructions carefully before you apply. If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to reach out to your advisor.
- It is important to read the 2023-24 FAP Instructions carefully.
- Speaking of advisors, you should make sure to meet with your health professions advisor before beginning the application, as he or she can provide guidance for all of the areas of the application, facilitate the process of gathering letters of evaluation and help you manage your application timeline.
- ADEA AADSAS applications will not be processed until all official undergraduate transcripts are received.
Official transcripts should be sent to:
ADEA AADSAS Transcript Processing Center
P.O. Box 9110
Watertown, MA 02471
If using express mail, send to:
ADEA AADSAS Transcript Processing Center c/o Liaison International
311 Arsenal Street, Suite 15
Watertown, MA 02472
- After the ADEA AADSAS application, fee payment and official transcripts are received, it usually takes about four to six weeks to process an application. Check the status of your application regularly to make sure there is nothing holding up the process.
- Check with your designated dental schools to make sure you fulfill all of their individual supplemental application requirements.
- APPLY EARLY! We suggest submitting your application during the summer. Do not wait until deadlines approach to submit your application. Each dental school has its own application deadline. ADEA AADSAS does not send your application to a school if your application is received by ADEA AADSAS after the school's deadline.
ADEA AADSAS IMPORTANT DATES
May 9, 2023: 2023-24 ADEA AADSAS application and the ADEA AADSAS Fee Assistance Program (FAP) paperless opens.
May 24, 2023: ADEA GoDental Virtual Fair. FREE online event. Applicants can chat with over 60+ dental schools.
May 30, 2023: First day to submit your 2023-24 ADEA AADSAS application.
Aug. 14, 2023 – Sept. 29, 2023: Academic Update period (1st academic period)
Dec. 1, 2023 – Feb. 2, 2024: Academic Update period (2nd academic period)
Dec. 15, 2023: The 2023-24 cycle dental school acceptance notification date
Feb. 2, 2024: 2023-24 ADEA AADSAS closes
Feb. 9, 2024: Last day to submit all official documents to ADEA AADSAS.
ADEA AADSAS Applicant Customer Service
Available Monday – Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Eastern Time (except Federal Holidays)