The following are
estimated repayment amounts using the AAMC/ADEA Dental Loan
Organizer and Calculator,
with the following assumptions:
- $300,000 total student loan
debt ($162,000 Stafford, remainder in Grad PLUS).
- Interest rates based on disbursement dates for Class of 2019 graduates.
- No aggressive repayment.
- Starting salary of $180,000 (used for Pay As
You Earn [PAYE] repayment plans).
- Single and family size of one (used
for PAYE repayment plans).
- There are multiple
income-driven repayment plans, we used PAYE as just one example.
Standard 10 year
- $3,910 per month for 10 years.
- $469,258 total repayment.
- $169,258 total interest cost.
Extended 25 year
- $2,314 per month for 25 years.
- $694,239 total repayment.
- $394,239 total interest cost.
Pay As You Earn
- Payments range from $1,344 per
month (for first 12 months) to $2,421 per month during last month of
repayment (payments change annually with income-driven repayment plans).
- $440,130 total repayment.
- $344,620 remaining balance at
end of 20-year term is forgiven, but taxable.
- $186,252 total repayment over
10 years with $380,799 forgiven tax free for borrower if is enrolled in
and qualifies for Public Service Loan Forgiveness.
*Find more information
on repayment plans at StudentAid.gov.