To help prepare for interview day, here is a list of the best questions asked by previous applicants, as reported by dental school admissions officers. Make sure to be prepared with a list of questions to ask the committee.
- What resources does your school offer to support students who are struggling academically?
- What are you most proud of about your dental school?
- How would you describe the relationship between students and faculty?
- Similarly, how would you describe the relationship between administrators and students? For example, as a dental student at your school, would I have a voice or input?
- How does your school promote a collegial environment?
- How do you educate your students about running a practice? How involved are students with learning practice management?
- Are students supported early if they want to specialize?
- The mission of all dental schools is to educate future dentists—what sets your dental school apart from the others?
- Does your program offer opportunities for community volunteering during dental school?
- What is a typical day like at your school? What is the classroom schedule?
The American Dental Education Association (ADEA) is
The Voice of Dental Education. Our mission is to lead and support the health
professions community in preparing future-ready oral health professionals. Our
members include all 78 U.S. and Canadian dental schools, more than 800 allied
and advanced dental education programs, 50 corporations and approximately 18,000
individuals. Our activities encompass a wide range of research, advocacy,
faculty development, meetings and communications, including the esteemed Journal
of Dental Education®, as well as the dental school application services.