- Interview Format: Interviews will likely take place virtually via Zoom.
- Coursework Exceptions: Pass/fail accepted, but we still encourage letter grades if a student is given the option.
- Experience Requirements: Minimum general dentistry shadowing hours have been reduced from 50 to 25 hours.
For more details, please visit lsusd.lsuhsc.edu/fsdds.
- Interview Format: Interviews will be virtual. Students who are accepted to the program may be invited to visit campus in early 2021, depending on the status of the pandemic.
- Coursework Exceptions: Applicants who have the option of taking a spring 2020 prerequisite course for a letter grade or Pass/Fail must choose the graded option to receive a letter grade for the course. If the applicant did not have the option to choose a letter grade for the prerequisite course, we will consider Pass/Fail grades on a case-by-case basis, pending verification from the institution’s Registrar’s Office that a graded option was not available for the prerequisite course.
- Other: If a candidate's application is missing one or more required components due to extenuating circumstances caused by COVID-19 (e.g., Dental Admission Test scores or 30 hours of clinical dental experience) but the application is otherwise complete and verified, the candidate should provide a statement (a field will be provided in ADEA AADSAS®) explaining the situation and their plan/timeline for submitting the missing components. The UNE-CDM Admissions Committee will review the candidate's statement and may decide to begin evaluating the application materials prior to the receipt of the missing items. Thus, it is important that candidates complete all other components of their application as early in the cycle as possible to potentially avoid processing delays.
For more details, please visit une.edu/dentalmedicine.
- Interview Format: All interviews are electronic. Evenings and weekends will be offered as well.
- Coursework Exceptions: Pass/Fail grades will be accepted, but letter grades are preferred. Opinions of Pass/Fail grades are based on previous achievement.
- Experience Requirements: 100 hours of shadowing were preferred previously, however, UMSOD will be quite lenient with this number. UMSOD hopes that the decision to pursue dentistry hasn't been a recent one so "some" shadowing has been accomplished.
- Other: Questions during the interview will be specifically aimed at information gained through shadowing to ensure the applicant is familiar with the practice of dentistry. Interviewing will be conducted until early April 2021.
For more details, please visit https://www.umaryland.edu/admissions/.
- The application deadline has been extended to Jan. 1, 2021.
- Interview Format: GSDM will conduct D.M.D. 2020-2021 admissions cycle interviews remotely via Zoom. Interview invitations will be extended into the spring to accommodate applicants with delayed Dental Admissions Tests (DATs).
- Coursework Exceptions: The Admissions Committee will be flexible in evaluating transcripts. GSDM will accept online courses. Pass, Satisfactory and credit assessments are also accepted for courses taken during 2020. However, letter grades are strongly preferred, when available.
- Experience Requirements: GSDM will take COVID-19 pandemic-related limitations into consideration when evaluating dental shadowing, community service and other in-person experiences. The Committee does not identify specific hour requirements for dental shadowing.
- Application Fees/Waivers: Applicants selected for the ADEA Fee Assistance Program are eligible for waiver of the GSDM application fee.
- Other: Boston University conducts a holistic application review and will be flexible in consideration of COVID-19 pandemic-related limitations. DAT - The Committee will consider unofficial scores for the DAT to accelerate application review. Interview invitations will be extended into the spring to accommodate applicants who have delayed DATs. Applicants should self-report DAT scores in the ADEA AADSAS® application while awaiting the official score upload. CASPer® - CASPer® is optional for GSDM D.M.D. admissions in the 2020-2021 cycle. CASPer® assesses non-academic attributes or “people skills” through a 90-minute, online situational judgment test. Visit takecasper.com/.
For more details, please visit bu.edu/dental.
- Interview Format: Electronic interviews will be conducted for the entire interview cycle.
- Coursework Exceptions: It is understood that schools are offering the option to take spring and summer 2020 courses for Pass/Fail credit, or have transitioned entirely to a Pass/Fail curriculum. HSDM will accept Pass/Fail credit for the 2020 spring and summer semesters.
- Application Fees/Waivers: Applicants who receive an ADEA AADSAS fee waiver or who are a member or veteran of the U.S. Armed Forces are eligible for a waiver of the HSDM application fee.
- Other: HSDM understands that some applicants' plans to take the DAT have been impacted by test rescheduling to allow for social distancing or the temporary closure of DAT test centers due to COVID-19. In response to this, Admissions will consider DAT scores valid for three years from the start of the application cycle.
For 2020-2021 applicants, HSDM will accept DAT scores taken after June 15, 2017. HSDM encourages applicants whose test dates have been affected to reschedule their DATs as soon as possible and to email HSDM Admissions unofficial scores to expedite the review process. Please note that the Admissions Committee will require official DAT scores prior to releasing admissions decisions.
For more details, please visit hsdm.harvard.edu/DMD-apply.
- Interview Format: Online interviews are required.
- Coursework Exceptions: Preference is for all science courses to have a letter grade, especially prerequisite coursework. If a school has gone completely to Pass/Fail, a letter from the registrar is required.
- Application Fees/Waivers: If ADEA AADSAS waiver is granted, applicants must forward a confirmation of that waiver to firstname.lastname@example.org, and the UDM SOD supplemental fee will be waived.
For more details, please visit dental.udmercy.edu.
- Application deadline has been changed from Oct. 15 to Dec. 1.
For more details, please visit dent.umich.edu.
- The application deadline has been extended to Feb. 3, 2021.
- Interview Format: Interviews will be held virtually.
- Coursework Exceptions: U of M SOD will accept Satisfactory/Not Satisfactory or Pass/Fail courses and online labs for Spring and Summer 2020 for prerequisite courses. The university prefers letter grades, if possible, but will allow each student to make the best personal decision.
- Experience Requirements: Dental shadowing will not be required for the 2020-21 admission cycle, but shadowing hours that were completed pre-COVID-19 will be accepted.
- Other: Online labs will be accepted for Fall 2020
For more details, please visit dentistry.umn.edu.
- The deadline has been extended to Oct. 2.
- Interview Format: Interviews will be held virtually. Applicants invited for interviews will be sent specific instructions.
- Coursework Exceptions: We will honor online courses completed with a P (on a Pass/Fail grade basis) or a C or better (on an A-F grade basis) for the spring semester.
- Experience Requirements: Shadowing and community service will be evaluated with the pandemic effects considered.
For more details, please visit umc.edu.
- Interview Format: To date, interviews will be conducted virtually via Zoom.
- Coursework Exceptions: There will be case by case exceptions, if no other option is available.
- Experience Requirements: Shadowing and community service will be evaluated with the pandemic effects considered.
For more details, please visit atsu.edu.
- The priority deadline extended to Sept. 15, final deadline has been extended to Oct. 15.
- Interview Format: Currently working on moving to virtual interviews.
- Coursework Exceptions: Pass/fail accepted for courses from Spring 2020, including prerequisites.
- Experience Requirements: The hour requirement for shadowing or service hours has not changed, but flexibilty is granted when reviewing these parts of applications.
- Application Fees/Waivers: Has a secondary application fee and students will be able to pursue the same fee waiver option.
- Other: Find more detailed information on our COVID-19 updates website at dentistry.umkc.edu/covid-19-update.
For more details, please visit dentistry.umkc.edu.
- The deadline has been extended to Nov. 1.
- Interview Format: At this time, UNMC COD will be requiring virtual interviews.
- Coursework Exceptions: UNMC COD will accept pass/fail credits for 2020 spring and summer prerequisite courses. However, applicants are strongly encouraged to limit the number of courses that are taken on a Pass/Fail basis.
- Experience Requirements: UNMC COD does not have specific experience requirements. The college holistically reviews applications and will take into account these unusual circumstances when reviewing applicant's campus, community and dental career (shadowing) involvement.
For more details, please visit www.unmc.edu/dentistry.
- Interview Format: Interviews will consist of timed video and written assessments.
- Coursework Exceptions: UNLV will accept Pass/Fail grades. However, if there is an option for a letter grade, that is preferred.
- Experience Requirements: Given the current health crisis, the admissions committee will understand the lack of shadowing hours from March until present.
- Other: Interview invitations will be sent out during the third week of October.
For more details, please visit unlv.edu/dental.
- The deadline has been extended to Jan. 31, 2021.
- Interview Format: Electronic/virtual interviews will be available for candidates unable to travel. However, in-person interviews will take place as in previous cycles while also implementing safety guidelines and social distancing.
- Coursework Exceptions: Exceptions and Pass/Fail grades will be assessed on a case-by-case basis.
- Experience Requirements: Exceptions regarding shadowing/experience hours will be assessed on a case-by-case basis.
- Application Fees/Waivers: No, RSDM requires a non-waive administrative fee.
- Other: Please feel free to contact the RSDM Admissions Office if you have any concerns or questions.
For more details, please visit sdm.rutgers.edu/admissions/application-procedure.
- Coursework Exceptions: Coursework exceptions are accepted. Pass/fail grades for the spring semester will be accepted.
For more details, please visit dental.columbia.edu.
- Interview Format: Interviews will be conducted virtually.
- Coursework Exceptions: Pass/Fail grades for prerequisite courses taken during spring or summer 2020 will be accepted. Letter grades are still recommended, if possible, especially in the sciences.
- Experience Requirements: At least 100 hours of dental shadowing is recommeded, if possible, but NYU Dentistry will take individual circumstances into account.
- Other: Please feel free to contact NYU Dentistry’s Admissions Office at email@example.com or schedule a virtual visit with an Admissions Office representative if you have any questions or concerns.
For more details, please visit dental.nyu.edu/academicprograms/dds-program.
- Interview Format: All interviews will be conducted virtually through Zoom.
- Coursework Exceptions: The UB SDM will be flexible in the graded requirement for prerequisite coursework if an applicant attends a school that made system-wide grading changes. In these situations, online labs and pass/fail grades will be accepted.
- Experience Requirements: Shadowing and volunteer experiences will be considered with the impact of the pandemic in mind.
- Application Fees/Waivers: Supplemental application fee waivers are available to students who demonstrate unusual financial need, and may also be granted to those students approved for the ADEA AADSAS Fee Assistance Program.
For more details, please visit dental.buffalo.edu/education/dds-program/.
- Interview Format: The interview format for the 2020-21 cycle is still under consideration. Final decisions on the format of these interviews will be made and communicated with applicants in the near future.
For more details, please visit ecu.edu/cs-dhs/dental/Prospective-Students-Home.cfm.