Prepare to Apply
The ADEA DHCAS application is open from Oct. through Aug. Applicants can only open one application per cycle.
Whether the application is weeks or months away from opening, you can start preparing now.
Below is a list of tasks you can do in advance to ensure the application process is seamless:
✔ Research Programs
Check out the ADEA DHCAS Search Engine for information on all participating programs. Program profiles will indicate the application deadline.
✔ Collect Materials
- Know where to go to request transcripts from all colleges attended.
- Speak with professors and mentors to determine who will write letters of evaluation, which are required by some programs.
- Develop a resume with all activities and accomplishments.
- Write a personal statement about why this degree and field is your goal.
- Print out score sheets from all standardized tests taken.
✔ Review the Application
Look over the application instructions, required documents and fee assistance program information.
✔ Take Entrance Exams
The Search Engine includes information on which tests are accepted and which are preferred for each program; note the appropriate test for each program.
✔ Network with Other Applicants
Visit ADEA’s GoDental® dental hygiene section to join in discussions about the application process and dental hygiene coursework.