University of Nebraska Medical Center College of Dentistry
Download a PDF of the ADEA CAAPID profile for the University of Nebraska Medical Center .
Description of Program
UNMC College of Dentistry Advanced Standing students are fully integrated into the second-year, second-semester curriculum which incorporates preclinical general dentistry didactic and laboratory courses. In addition this curriculum includes a course specially designed for the Advanced Standing student to ensure a seamless integration into the clinic as well as prepare for third- and fourth-year didactic courses.
This curricular concept prepares the student with the foundation for providing comprehensive patient care in all facets of general dentistry and understanding of treatment protocols, materials and techniques.
Julie A. Marshall, D.D.S., M.S.
4000 East Campus Loop South
Lincoln, NE 68583
Length of Program: 29 months
Application Open Date: June 2019
Application Deadline: August 1, 2019
Program Start Date: January 3, 2020
Class Size: 4-6
Degree Awarded: D.D.S.
Requirements to apply to program
English Language Proficiency (TOEFL)
- Must be proficient in the English language.
- All non-native English speaking applicants must take the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL).
- Applicants must score at least:
- 550 on paper-based
- 213 on computer-based
- 80 on internet-based
- The ETS Institution Code for UNMC is 6896.
- Only scores from TOEFL exams taken after October 1, 2017, will be accepted.
- Original TOEFL scores must be submitted from TOEFL directly to ADEA CAAPID.
National Board Dental Examination Requirements
- Applicants must pass NBDE Parts I and II.
- If an interview is offered, submission of official National Board Dental Scores will be requested.
Advanced Dental Admissions Test
Letters of Evaluation
- Three Letters of Evaluation are required:
- One Letter of Evaluation must come from a former faculty member.
- Two Letters of Evaluation should come from former mentors or employers who can attest to character, conduct and professional ability of the applicant. (Letters must come from different writers.)
- Letters must be less than 1 year old.
- Letters must be written in English and signed by the letter writer on official letterhead with contact information (telephone number and email) on letterhead.
- Writers must submit Letters of Evaluation directly to ADEA CAAPID.
Transcripts and Evaluations
- Applicant must submit a detailed evaluation by ECE or WES to ADEA CAAPID.
- If chosen for an interview, the applicant must submit the official transcripts and degree certificate from their dental school directly to the program. This includes any additional educational programs following dental school.
Application and Fees
- Application fee: $250 (separate from the ADEA CAAPID application fee).
- Interview fee: $500, includes psychomotor skills assessment.
- Admitted students must pay a non-refundable tuition deposit.
Other documents that should be sent directly to UNMC College of Dentistry Advanced Standing Dental Program (not to CAAPID)
If an interview is offered, the following supplemental application material may be requested by the program:
- National Board Scores.
- A copy of the applicant’s dental license, if applicable.
- Proof of residency (passport or permanent resident card).