The University of Illinois at Chicago College of Dentistry
Click here to print a PDF of the ADEA CAAPID profile for The University of Illinois at Chicago College of Dentistry.
Description of Program
The College of Dentistry (COD) offers a program of study for dentists who were trained outside the United States of America and Canada who wish to practice dentistry within the United States. Upon the successful completion of the program the participant is
awarded a Doctor of Dental Medicine (D.M.D.) degree.
The DMD features small group learning that is interdisciplinary in nature and prompted through the use of clinical case studies developed by a team of COD faculty. These case scenarios place all learning in the context of a patient problem/concern and emphasize the relationship between systemic and
oral diseases, health and prevention, family and community context, disease diagnosis and evidence based practice.
Ms. Braulia Espinosa, MPA
Director of Admissions
The University of Illinois at Chicago
College of Dentistry
801 S. Paulina St, Rm. 104
Chicago, IL 60612
Length of Program: 28 months
Program Deadline: June 15, 2017
Start Date: January 2018
Class Size: up to 52
Degree Awarded: D.M.D.
Requirements to apply to program
English Language Proficiency
- Must be proficient in the English language
- Official scores from the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) are required for admissions. The minimum scores accepted are: Overall: 80 internet-based (iBT), Writing: 21, Speaking: 20, Listening: 17, and Reading: 19.
- Must submit the electronic TOEFL score report directly to program (not to ADEA CAAPID). The University of Illinois-Chicago institution code with ETS TOEFL is 1851 - graduate program.
- Please note that TOEFL scores over two years old at the time of application are invalid. There is no exception to this rule.
- Candidates who have earned a U.S. degree may be exempted from taking the TOEFL
National Board Dental Examination Requirements
- Program requires only passage of NBDE Part I to be considered for admission. Passage of NBDE Part II is highly recommended.
- Upload electronic copy of the NBDE score report to program after submitting an application. Candidates invited for an interview will be required to request that the American Dental Association send an official score report to our office of Admissions via email.
Advanced Dental Admission Test (ADAT)
- UIC does not require submission of the ADAT.
- Completion of the ADAT will not be considered during application review for admission to the program.
Letter of Evaluation
- Only 2 letters of recommendation are required by UIC. We will accept all letters of recommendation submitted via CAAPID.Preferably, one should be from a U.S. dental practitioner. Letters of recommendation will only be accepted via ADEA CAAPID.
UIC will not accept additional letters of recommendation via email.
Transcripts and Evaluations
Applicant must submit to ADEA CAAPID a detailed evaluation by Educational Credential Evaluators (ECE).
- Course-by-course evaluation of official credentials from post-secondary schools (related to your dental education only)
- UIC does not accept WES evaluations.
- Candidates are required to submit the University of Illinois at Chicago supplemental application and fee no later than June 15th, no extensions will be granted. As
soon as a candidate submits the CAAPID application, they can also submit the
UIC online application.
- The University of Illinois at Chicago supplemental application can be located on the following website:
Additional Requirements: students will upload the following PDF
documents as part of the UIC online application:
Education Transcripts: Upload a copy of official University issued credentials (detailed marksheets) from all post-secondary schools you have attended (foreign and domestic). We will not accept documents issued by the Dental College, only University issued documents.
Translation of Dental Education Transcripts: Upload a copy of English translation of official credentials from post-secondary schools (foreign and domestic) that are not in English.
Degree (Diploma): Upload a copy of your dental degree and any other dental related certificate or diploma issued by the University.
of Dental Degree (Diploma): Upload a copy of English translation of your dental degree and any other dental related certificate or diploma.
- NBDE Score
report: Upload an electronic copy of the score report.