Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, School of Dental Medicine
Description of Program
The Internationally Educated D.M.D. Program at Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, School of Dental Medicine (RSDM) is designed to enable qualified dentists educated outside the United States or Canada to earn a Doctor of Dental Medicine (D.M.D.) degree following a special 27-month didactic and clinical program.
Rutgers School of Dental Medicine
Office of Admissions
110 Bergen Street, Room B829
Newark, NJ 07101-1709
Phone: (973) 972-2956
Length of Program: 27 months
Program Deadline: October 15, 2021
Start Date: March 22, 2022
Class Size: 35
Degree Awarded: D.M.D.
Requirements to Apply to Program
English Language Proficiency
- Must be proficient in the English language.
- Applicants whose native language is not English are required to take the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL).
- Submit official TOEFL exam score to RSDM after submitting ADEA CAAPID application with Institution Code 2584, Dept Code 38.
National Board Dental Examination (NBDE) Requirements
- Program requires a passing score of NBDE Parts I and II or Integrated NBDE to be considered for admission.
- Submit official NBDE and INBDE scores to RSDM after submitting ADEA CAAPID application.
Advanced Dental Admission Test (ADAT)
Completion of the ADAT is accepted, but not required for admission to the program.
Letters of Evaluation
Program accepts three Letters of Evaluation.
Transcripts and Evaluations
Applicant must submit to ADEA CAAPID a detailed evaluation by either Educational Credential Evaluators, Inc. (ECE) or World Education Services (WES).
- Send administrative fee to RSDM, not to ADEA CAAPID.
- Non-refundable administrative fee of $250 should be made payable to “Rutgers School of Dental Medicine.” (No cash accepted.)
Other Documents That Should be Sent to RSDM, not to ADEA CAAPID
Send the following:
- 2 x 2-inch photograph after submitting ADEA CAAPID application,
- Notarized copy of degree or diploma,
- Original NBDE Scores (Part I and Part II) or INBDE,
- Original TOEFL exam and
- Fee of $250 in the form of a check or money order.