Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, School of Dental Medicine
Download a PDF of the ADEA CAAPID profile for Rutgers, The
State University of New Jersey, School of Dental Medicine .
Description of Program
the State University of New Jersey School of Dental Medicine will begin
accepting applications through ADEA CAAPID on April 15, 2019.
The Internationally Trained
DMD Program at the Rutgers School of Dental Medicine is designed to enable
qualified dentists educated outside the United States or Canada to earn a
Doctor of Dental Medicine (D.M.D.) degree following a special 27-month didactic and
Rosa Chaviano-Moran DMD
Associate Dean of Admissions
Rutgers School of
Office of Admissions
110 Bergen Street, Room B829
Newark, NJ 07101-1709
Length of Program: 27 months
Program Deadline: October 18, 2020
Start Date: March 25, 2019
Class Size: 30
Degree Awarded: D.M.D.
Requirements to apply to program
English Language Proficiency
- Must be proficient in the English language
- Applicants whose native language is not English are required to take the TOEFL.
- Submit official
TOEFL exam score to Rutgers School of Dental Medicine (RSDM) after submitting ADEA CAAPID application.
- Institution Code 2584, Dept Code 38
National Board Dental Examination Requirements
- Program requires a passing score of NBDE Parts I and II to be considered for admission
- Submit official National Board Dental scores to RSDM after submitting ADEA CAAPID application
Advanced Dental Admission Test (ADAT)
- Completion of the ADAT is accepted, but NOT REQUIRED for admission to the program.
Letter of Evaluation
- Program accepts three Letters of Evaluation
Transcripts and Evaluations
- Applicant must submit to ADEA CAAPID a detailed evaluation by either ECE or WES
- Send application fee to RSDM (not to ADEA CAAPID)
- Non-refundable application fee of $250 made payable to Rutgers School of Dental Medicine (NO CASH ACCEPTED)
Other documents that should be sent to RSDM (not to ADEA CAAPID)
- Send 2” x 2” photograph to RSDM (not to ADEA CAAPID) after submitting ADEA CAAPID application
- Notarized copy of degree or diploma.
- Original NBDE Scores (Part I and Part II)
- Original TOEFL Exam
- Fee $250 (check
or money order)