NYU College of Dentistry
Description of Program
NYU College of Dentistry (NYU Dentistry) offers Advanced Standing into the D.D.S. program for the internationally trained dentists who seeks to practice dentistry in the United States. Students admitted with advanced placement enter a 28 months, full-time program accredited by the Commission on Dental Accreditation (CODA). With its culmination in the D.D.S. degree, the graduating dentist has met the educational requirement for licensure.
Eugenia E. Mejia
Assistant Dean, Admissions & Enrollment Manager
Mara L. Zelaya
Graduate Programs Coordinator
NYU College of Dentistry
Office of Admissions
433 First Avenue, Suite 125
New York, NY 10010
Length of Program: 28 months
Application Opens: March 4, 2021
Program Deadline: June 1, 2021
Start Date: January 2022
Class Size: 20-30
Degree Awarded: D.D.S.
Requirements to Apply to Program
English Language Proficiency
- All applicants must be proficient in the English language and are required to take the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) internet-based test (iBT). The TOEFL exam will not be waived.
- The minimum required score is 100; no exceptions will be made. (NYU Dentistry will not accept “MyBest Scores”.)
- NYU Dentistry will accept the new TOEFL iBT Special Home Edition.
- The TOEFL score must not expire before January 2022.
National Board Dental Examinations (NBDE) Requirements
- Applicants must pass the NBDE I & II or the Integrated NBDE exam.
- The NBDE I & II or the INBDE score reports must be reported directly from the American Dental Association to ADEA CAAPID®.
Advanced Dental Admission Test (ADAT)
The ADAT is not required.
Letters of Evaluation
The program requires three (3) Letters of Evaluation:
- One (1) Letter of Evaluation must come from your dental school dean and
- two (2) Letters of Evaluation from dental school faculty members.
All Letters of Recommendation must be sent directly to ADEA CAAPID.
Transcripts and Evaluations
- Applicants must submit an official Educational Credential Evaluators, Inc. (ECE) “course-by-course” evaluation to ADEA CAAPID.
- NYU Dentistry does not accept evaluations from World Education Services (WES) or any other credential evaluators.
- Documents, such as dental school transcripts, diplomas and official transcripts from accredited U.S. institutions, can be uploaded to ADEA CAAPID.
- A non-refundable processing fee of $100 (USD) is required to complete your application.