NYU College of Dentistry
Description of Program
NYU College of Dentistry (NYU Dentistry) offers Advanced Standing into the D.D.S. program for the internationally trained dentist who seeks to practice dentistry in the United States. Students admitted with advanced placement enter a 28 months, full-time program accredited by the Commission on Dental Accreditation (CODA). With its culmination in the D.D.S. degree, the graduating dentist has met the educational requirement for licensure.
Eugenia E. Mejia
Assistant Dean, Admissions & Enrollment Manager
Mara L. Zelaya
Graduate Programs Coordinator
NYU College of Dentistry
Office of Admissions
433 First Avenue, Suite 125
New York, NY 10010
Length of Program: 28 months
Application Opens: March 5, 2020
Program Deadline: July 1, 2020
Start Date: January 2021
Class Size: 20-30
Degree Awarded: D.D.S.
Requirements to Apply to Program
English Language Proficiency
- All applicants must be proficient in the English language and are required to take the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) internet-based exam. The TOEFL exam will not be waived.
- The minimum required score is 100; no exceptions will be made. Applications will not be reviewed if they do not meet the minimum score required.
- The original TOEFL score report must be sent directly from Educational Testing Service (ETS) to NYU Dentistry upon admission to the program.
- TOEFL exam scores are valid for only two years and must not expire before the program start date.
- We will not accept the “My Best Scores” result.
National Board Dental Examination (NBDE) Requirements
- Program requires passage of NBDE Parts I and II to be reviewed.
- The NBDE score reports must be reported directly from the American Dental Association to ADEA CAAPID®.
- Candidate’s copies are not accepted.
Advanced Dental Admission Test (ADAT)
- Completion of the ADAT will not be considered for admission to the program.
Letters of Evaluation
- The program requires three Letters of Evaluation. One Letter of Evaluation must come from the dean of the dental school from which the applicant graduated.
- All Letters of Recommendation must be sent directly to ADEA CAAPID.
Transcripts and Evaluations
- Applicants must submit official Educational Credential Evaluators, Inc. (ECE) course-by-course evaluation to
ADEA CAAPID . We do not accept evaluations from World Education Services (WES) or any other credential evaluators.
- Documents such as dental school transcripts, diplomas and official transcripts from accredited U.S. institutions can be uploaded to ADEA CAAPID.
- A non-refundable processing fee of $100 (USD) is required to complete the application to NYU Dentistry. This payment can be made online at the NYU Dentistry Application Fee Payment page. You will need your ADEA CAAPID ID number in order to process this payment.