Loma Linda University School of Dentistry
Download a PDF of the ADEA CAAPID profile for the Loma Linda University School of Dentistry .
Description of Program
The International Dental Program is designed to allow qualified dentists educated in countries outside the United States to earn Doctor of Dental Surgery (D.D.S.) degrees in the United States. The D.D.S. degree from a United States dental school is an educational
requirement for eligibility to take the dental licensure examination in many states. The program has a minimum length of two academic years, but may be extended, when necessary, to meet the needs of a particular student.
Office of Admissions
Loma Linda University
School of Dentistry
PH Room 5503
Loma Linda, CA 92350
Length of Program: 24 months
Program Deadline: June 1, 2019
Start Date: March 2020
Class Size: 32
Degree Awarded: D.D.S.
Requirements to apply to program
English Language Proficiency
- Must demonstrate acceptable English speaking and reading skills. Applicants whose native language is not English are required to take the TOEFL. To be competitive, a score of 100 or above is highly recommended.
- To be considered official, TOEFL score report must be sent directly from TOEFL to LLUSD (not to ADEA CAAPID) during supplemental application process.
National Board Dental Examination Requirements
- Must pass NBDE Part I and II to be considered for admission
- Submit official National Board Scores to LLU during supplemental application process. (Official report must be mailed directly to LLU by ADA.)
Advanced Dental Admission Test (ADAT) Requirements
- Completion of the ADAT is accepted, but NOT REQUIRED for admission to the program.
Letter of Evaluation
- Program accepts up to three Letters of Recommendation
- Program prefers one Recommendation to come from former teachers or mentors who can attest to applicant’s character, conduct and professional ability.
Transcripts and Evaluations
- A detailed evaluation by ECE or WES must be submitted to ADEA CAAPID and to LLU during the supplemental application process.
- Official transcripts/mark sheets and degree certificate must be mailed directly to LLU by the dental university attended during the supplemental application process.
Application and Fees
- After receipt of your verified CAAPID application, instructions will be sent via email for a school specific supplemental application.
- $150.00 supplemental application fee
Other documents that should be sent directly to program (not to ADEA CAAPID)
- Send an electronic 2” X 2” photograph to LLU (not to ADEA CAAPID) during the supplemental application process
- Qualified applicants will be invited for an interview and admissions testing, with fee.