University of the Pacific, Arthur A. Dugoni School of Dentistry
Description of Program
The University of the Pacific, Arthur A. Dugoni School of Dentistry (Dugoni School) International Dental Studies (IDS) program is a two-year accelerated program for internationally educated dentists who are interested in earning a Doctor of Dental Surgery (D.D.S.) degree. The program provides the opportunity to gain the skills and knowledge of the dental profession as practiced in the United States. Upon completion, graduates are eligible to take any state or regional dental licensure board exam in the United States and, subsequently, they may be eligible for practice in the United States.
IDS Admissions Coordinator
International Dental Studies Admissions
155 Fifth Street
San Francisco, CA 94103
Application Deadline: June 5, 2020
Length of Program: 24 months
Program Start Date: July 5, 2021
Class Size: 26 students
Degree Awarded: D.D.S.
Requirements to Apply to Program
English Language Proficiency
- Must be proficient in the English language.
- All applicants must take the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) to be considered for admission. No waiver of the TOEFL requirement.
- Request Educational Testing Service (ETS) to submit official TOEFL score report directly to ADEA CAAPID® (institution code – B451).
- Require TOEFL taken after January 2018 to present with a minimum score of 92 (internet-based). A score below the minimum and “MyBest scores” will not be considered.
National Board Dental Examination (NBDE) Requirements
- To be considered for admission, Dugoni School requires passage of both NBDE Parts I and II (a minimum score of 75 or Pass result).
- Request American Dental Association’s Department of Testing Services to submit official NBDE score results directly to ADEA CAAPID.
Advanced Dental Admission Test (ADAT)
- Completion of the ADAT will not be considered during application review for admission to the program.
Letters of Evaluation
- Provide a scanned version of two original official Letters of Evaluation to be included in the single PDF file to be sent as an email attachment directly to Dugoni School (not to ADEA CAAPID).
- Letters in English must be written recently by international or U.S. dental professionals (dentists, dental school faculty, etc.) with whom you have worked.
- A dean’s letter is not required.
Transcripts and Evaluations
- Provide a scanned version of the Educational Credential Evaluators, Inc. (ECE) course-by-course evaluation report to be included in the single PDF file to be sent as an email attachment directly to the Dugoni School, not to ADEA CAAPID.
- A minimum U.S. Grade Point Average (GPA) of 2.00 is required. Applicants with a GPA less than 2.00 will not be eligible to apply to the IDS program. If there are two provided GPAs (comprehensive or best result), the Dugoni School will only consider the comprehensive GPA.
- If you have earned advanced degree(s) beyond your dental degree, it is recommended that you provide the document that states your conferred degree (master’s, doctorate):
- If it is a U.S. degree, provide a scanned version of the school-issued transcript to be included in the single PDF file that will be sent as an email attachment directly to the Dugoni School, not to ADEA CAAPID.
- If it is a non-U.S. degree, provide an ECE course-by-course evaluation report that details the U.S. equivalence and credential.
Other Documents That Should be Sent to the Dugoni School, not to ADEA CAAPID
- Provide a scanned version of your dental curriculum vitae (a resume that includes your educational credentials and dental experience, starting after your initial dental degree) to be included in the single PDF file to be sent as an email attachment. Follow the dental curriculum vitae sample format as provided in the Sample PDF – All Supplemental Documents.
- Provide a scanned version of the dental certificate/diploma to be included in the single PDF file to be sent as an email attachment. This school-issued document will confirm your conferred dental degree (B.D.S., D.D.S., D.M.D., Odontology or Stomatology). If the dental certificate/diploma is not in English, provide the dental certificate/diploma along with the English translation administered by a bona fide English translator.
- The Dugoni School does not accept provisional dental degrees nor require dental licenses.
Once all completed applications are reviewed, selected applicants will be invited for a personal interview and the technical examination scheduled for mid-October. Invited applicants will be required to provide the original or actual notarized version of the supplemental documents and submit a fee for the technical examination. Failure to fulfill these requirements will result in an immediate and non-refundable cancellation of your application.
Visit the Dugoni School website > Academic Programs > International Dental Studies > How and When to Apply > 2021 IDS Application Guide regarding the application process and submittal instructions for the PDF email attachment of your supplemental documents.
- Any missing or updated documents received after the deadline will not be considered for review.