ADEA Leadership Institute Application
How to Apply
The following items must be submitted by Nov. 1, 2019, using the
ADEA online application process:
- A completed application form.
- A current curriculum vitae.
- A nomination letter from the institution's dean or administrative equivalent.
- Two recommendation letters from professional colleagues.
Applications submitted via fax or email will not be considered.
All applications must have been received on or before Nov. 1, 2019. Contact Mr. Eric Lund at 202-289-7201 or
firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
About Nominations and Expectations
A person must be nominated to participate by his or her dean, program director, or equivalent administrative leader at an ADEA Member Institution. A nominator may make up to two nominations annually. A nomination should clearly state a nominee's leadership experience and potential for higher levels of administrative leadership in dental and higher education. The nominator should also indicate the specific ways in which he or she will support the fellow during the fellowship year.
A nominee must:
- Demonstrate leadership at his or her institution, in the community or through research. Evidence of leadership may include outstanding success in past and current positions.
- Have a clear track record of increasing administrative responsibilities.
- Have experience with responsibilities such as chairing committees, advising student groups, or mentoring students and faculty.
- Have experience with the development of local, regional, or national faculty development workshops or community outreach programs.
- Have a record of scholarly contributions to dental education through teaching or research.
- Be an ADEA individual member.