ADEA members are invited to nominate candidates for the Association’s 2020-21 Chair-elect of the ADEA Board of Directors. The ADEA Nominating Committee consists of the Immediate Past Chair of the ADEA Board of Directors and the seven Board Directors representing each of the ADEA Councils.
The nominations process for the Chair-elect of the ADEA Board of Directors is as follows:
- A call for nominations is placed in the Bulletin of Dental Education and the Journal of
- All ADEA members are invited to nominate as many individuals as they wish, including themselves.
- The ADEA Council Administrative Boards are also invited to nominate candidates; however, these boards will not be informed of the identity of the other candidates. In order to maintain confidentiality, only the ADEA Nominating Committee and ADEA President
and CEO will have knowledge of the identity of the names of persons nominated through this process.
- In addition to receiving nominations, the ADEA Nominating Committee may actively seek qualified candidates.
- Each nominee should submit a one-page biographical statement and a separate head-and-shoulders photograph by Nov. 1, 2019.
- Between Nov. 2 and Dec. 1, 2019, the ADEA Nominating Committee will meet to recommend one or more candidates to stand for election.
- Delegates to the 2020 ADEA Annual Session & Exhibition in National Harbor, MD, will vote with ballots during the Annual Session, and the 2020-21 ADEA Chair-elect of the Board will be announced at the Closing Session of the ADEA House of Delegates.
Nominations, with a one-page biographical statement and a separate head-and-shoulders photograph (high-resolution 300 dpi), should be mailed in confidence to:
Karen P. West, D.M.D., M.P.H., President and CEO
655 K Street, NW, Suite 800
Washington, DC 20001
Attn: Nominating Committee
Published on Oct. 9, 2019