The Joint Commission on National Dental Examinations (JCNDE) is pleased to announce 13 Test Construction
Committee (TCC) vacancies for the National Board Dental Examinations (NBDE), and six TCC vacancies for the National
Board Dental Hygiene Examination (NBDHE), for the 2015 calendar year.
A list of the 2015 TCC vacancies is shown below. For more information,
click here or see below.
Dental Committee, Discipline Experts Needed
- Biochemistry-Physiology—one biochemistry expert.
- Endodontic—one endodontic expert.
- Operative Dentistry—one full-time practitioner.
- Oral Surgery—one oral and maxillofacial surgery expert.
- Oral Diagnosis—two radiology experts, one oral diagnosis expert and one oral pathology expert.
- Orthodontics-Pediatric Dentistry—one orthodontics expert and one pediatric dentistry expert.
- Patient Management—one full-time practitioner.
- Periodontics—one periodontics expert.
- Prosthodontics—one fixed prosthodontics expert.
Dental Hygiene Committees, Discipline Experts Needed
- Dental Hygiene I – Scientific Basis for Dental Hygiene Practice—one basic science expert and one
- Dental Hygiene II – Clinical Dental Hygiene—one radiology expert.
- Dental Hygiene III – Community Health—one community health expert.
- Dental Hygiene Component B – Case-based Items—one special needs expert and one radiology expert.
Interested individuals must meet the selection criteria and submit a personal data form to be considered for
appointment. Please note that curriculum vitae are not acceptable. All application materials are available on the
JCNDE web site.
Completed personal data forms must be submitted by January 31, 2014. The Committee on Examination Development or
the Committee on Dental Hygiene will review applicants’ qualifications and provide recommendations to the JCNDE. The
JCNDE will make the appointments during its meeting on April 9, 2014. Applicants will be informed of the JCNDE’s
decision in May 2014.
For additional information on the TCC vacancies for each examination program please contact the corresponding
JCNDE Assessment Specialist: