ADEA members are invited to nominate candidates for the Association’s 2022-23 Chair-elect of the ADEA Board of Directors. The ADEA Nominating Committee consists of the Immediate Past Chair of the ADEA Board of Directors and the seven Board Directors representing each ADEA Council.
The nominations process for the Chair-elect of the ADEA Board of Directors is as follows:
- A call for nominations is placed in the Bulletin of Dental Education and the Journal of Dental Education.
- All ADEA members are invited to nominate as many individuals as they wish, including themselves.
- The ADEA Council Administrative Boards are also invited to nominate candidates; however, these boards will not be informed of the identity of the other candidates. To maintain confidentiality, only the ADEA Nominating Committee and ADEA President and CEO will have knowledge of the identity of the names of persons nominated through this process.
- In addition to receiving nominations, the ADEA Nominating Committee may actively seek qualified candidates.
- Each nominee should submit a one-page biographical statement and a separate head-and-shoulders photograph by Nov. 1, 2021.
- Between Nov. 1 and Dec. 1, 2021, the ADEA Nominating Committee will meet to recommend one or more candidates to stand for election.
- Delegates to the 2022 ADEA Annual Session & Exhibition in Montreal, Canada, will vote with ballots during the course of the Annual Session, and the 2022-23 Chair-elect of the ADEA Board of Directors will be announced at the Closing Session of the ADEA House of Delegates.
Nominations, with a one-page biographical statement and a separate head-and-shoulders photograph (high-resolution 300 dpi), should be mailed in confidence to:
Karen P. West, D.M.D., M.P.H.
President and CEO
655 K Street, NW, Suite 800
Washington, DC 20001
Attn: Nominating Committee
Published on April 14, 2021