Whether you have spoken at ADEA meetings in the past or you
are new to the scene, we want to be sure you have everything you need to create
and deliver a successful educational session at the 2018 ADEA Annual Session
& Exhibition in Orlando, Florida.
Notification letters for educational sessions proposals were mailed in late August 2017, and decisions about poster and ADEA TechExpo
proposals were communicated in mid-November 2017.
Presenter registration and travel
- Presenters and co-presenters are responsible for
all conference-related expenses, including registration fees and the cost of
travel, lodging and meals. Registration is not discounted for presenters.
- All presenters are required to register for
the meeting in advance. Presenters planning to register at the ADEA membership rate should
complete their annual membership renewal in advance of
registration, allowing ample processing time.
ADEA reserves the right to combine similar
sessions, to change titles and descriptions or to add presenters as necessary.
Submitters will be notified of any changes and given the opportunity to modify
their programs accordingly.
- Sessions can be scheduled at any time during the
2018 ADEA Annual Session & Exhibition, and presenters must be
available during its duration.
- Presentations must match the descriptions
originally submitted; accepted abstracts will be used in marketing materials
and will contribute to attendee expectations.
- Presentations must observe copyright and
Preparing educational sessions
Electronic participant materials are required
for all accepted educational sessions, because they help reinforce what is
- ADEA will make resource materials available
online for registered attendees.
- Examples of participant resource materials
include copies of your presentation slides (with room for note-taking), lists
of recommended reading and resources or inventories of websites. The best
materials are ones that participants can refer to long after the session ends,
such as case studies with solutions, samples and templates.
During the annual session:
- Audiovisual equipment will be set up for you on
the day of your presentation, according to your presentation format.
- Presenters must arrive at their session rooms 15
minutes prior to the start of the session to check audiovisual equipment and
- ADEA does not produce printed handouts.
Presenters who elect to provide handouts are responsible for their production,
costs and distribution.
- Electronic participant materials (i.e.,
participant handouts) are not required for poster presentations.
- Posters are presented on boards that are
four-feet-high by eight-feet-wide. The workable space is 46" high x
- Authors will be notified in advance of the
identification number of their poster.
- Authors have complete freedom to display poster
information in figures, tables, text, photographs, etc.
- Presentations must cover the same material as
- Prepare a label to affix at the top of the
poster board, indicating the poster’s title and author(s).
- Briefly describe procedures and materials.
Define all trade names first, and then use generic names throughout. All
compounds and drugs must be identified.
- Prepare all illustrations neatly and legibly
beforehand, in a size sufficient to be read at a distance of eight feet.
- A series of word-processed pages attached to the
poster board is not an acceptable poster.
- Electronic presentations are not
During the annual session:
Posters will be hung and displayed during
scheduled times and must be removed after presentation times.
- ADEA will supply poster board easels and
thumbtacks or push pins. Do not use staples or tape. No other audiovisual
equipment is provided for poster presentations.
- ADEA is not responsible for posters or materials
left on boards after the stated hours.
- A presenter must remain with the poster display
for the entire two-hour scheduled period.
- For security measures, only registered poster
presenters will be allowed on the Exhibit Hall floor to set up their posters
during stated setup and teardown times. Ribbons must be worn to gain access to
the floor. You will receive your ribbon when you check in on-site.