2014 ADEA Official Guide to Dental Schools
For Students Entering Dental School in Fall 2015
2014 edition now available in both printed and online-access formats! Purchase online.
The 2014 ADEA Official Guide to Dental Schools answers virtually every question about dentistry and the dental school admissions process.
ADEA has published and updated this comprehensive resource for more than five decades.
- Descriptive profiles of 65 U.S. dental schools and 10 Canadian dental schools, including:
- State, province or international residency requirements.
- Minimum preparation and degree requirements.
- Dental Admission Test mean and range scores.
- Grade point average mean and range.
- Special programs and services, including summer enrichment programs.
- Estimated costs.
- Descriptions of schools’ curriculums.
- Several comparative tables for easy review of schools’ data, including:
- Applicants and enrollees—by gender, race and ethnicity and in-state versus out-of-state.
- Admissions requirements.
- 2013 entering class characteristics.
- Tips for writing a dental school application essay.
- Details on submitting the ADEA AADSAS application.
- Helpful advice for high school and undergraduate students about getting into dental school.
- Guidelines for financing dental school, including:
- Explanation of different loan repayment/service commitment programs.
- Tips on managing credit and budgeting.
- Information about the AAMC/ADEA Dental Loan Organizer and Calculator.
The 2014 Official Guide is also available as an online-access edition. The online-access edition includes all of the content of the printed book and the following features:
- Bookmarks and notes.
- Pull-down menus for quick navigation to individual school profiles.
- A search function.
- Live links to dental school websites and other resources.
Here’s how the online-access edition works: The online-access edition differs from a traditional ePub or eBook—you purchase access to the digital content, which you can read until the edition expires at the end of March 2017. Accessing this edition requires an Internet connection. For more information visit the ordering page for the 2014 online-access edition.
Online-access edition: $10 per copy
Printed book: $35 per copy
Printed book: $29 per copy for orders of 10 or more
How to Order
Purchase online from ADEA
Visit the ordering information page for more ADEA purchase information
Ask your bookstore or library to order the ADEA Official Guide to Dental Schools through its preferred source
Selected Chapters from the 2012 Edition
Profiles of individual dental schools and Chapter 3 tables are available in the printed book and the online-access edition.