2014 ADEA/American Association of Endodontists Foundation Scholar in the ADEA Leadership Institute
The American Dental Education Association (ADEA) has partnered with the American Association of Endodontists (AAE) Foundation to sponsor an endodontic educator’s participation in the ADEA Leadership Institute.
The 2014 ADEA/American Association of Endodontists Foundation Scholar in the ADEA Leadership Institute receives a $25,000 stipend to be used for tuition and fees for his or her participation in the ADEA Leadership Institute.
An applicant must:
- be an endodontic educator
- demonstrate strong leadership qualities
- demonstrate interest and work in equity and diversity issues in the profession
- be an ADEA Individual Member
All applications must be received on or before November 1, 2013.
Application Process Checklist
Using the ADEA online application process, applicants must submit an application for the ADEA Leadership Institute and indicate an interest in being selected as the 2014 ADEA/American Association of Endodontists Foundation Scholar in the ADEA Leadership Institute. The ADEA Leadership Institute application requires the following:
- two letters of recommendation from professional colleagues
- a signed letter of recommendation from the dean of the applicant’s dental school or the program director of his or her allied dental education program, stating how the applicant’s participation will benefit the applicant and institution
- a current curriculum vitae
The application must be signed by the dean of the applicant’s dental school or the program director of his or her allied dental education program. The signatory agrees to pay the fellow’s full salary and benefits during the scholarship year and to support the fellow’s travel and personal expenses associated with participation in the ADEA Leadership Institute, including airfare, ground transportation, lodging, and meals.
Contact Mr. Eric Lund, ADEA Professional Development Manager, at 202-289-7201 or email@example.com with any questions.
Notification Date and Award Announcement
The recipient of the scholarship will be notified on or before February 1, 2014. The award will be announced in a ceremony during the 2014 ADEA Annual Session & Exhibition in San Antonio, Texas, March 15-18, 2014.
Selections are made by an ADEA-appointed selection committee.
Dr. Craig Hirschberg, University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey
Dr. Marc Levitan, Medical University of South Carolina