ADEA/Crest Oral-B Laboratories Scholarships for Predoctoral Dental Students Pursuing Academic Careers
The American Dental Education Association (ADEA) and The Procter & Gamble Company announce the ADEA/Crest Oral-B Laboratories Scholarships for Predoctoral Dental Students Pursuing Academic Careers. These scholarships support dental students who demonstrate firm commitments to becoming dental educators.
Each year two dental students receive the ADEA/Crest Oral-B Laboratories Scholarship for Predoctoral Dental Students Pursuing Academic Careers. Each scholarship recipient receives $5,500 to be applied as follows:
- $5,000 for tuition and fees.
- $500 to subsidize travel to the 2016 ADEA Annual Session & Exhibition in Denver.
An applicant must:
- Be enrolled in a predoctoral program at an ADEA Member Institution.
- Demonstrate interest in advanced education.
- Show commitment to pursuing an academic career in dental education.
- Be an ADEA Individual Member.
All applications must be received on or before November 2, 2015.
Application Process Checklist
The following items must be submitted on or before November 2, 2015, using the ADEA
online application process:
- A personal statement detailing his or her experiences, influences and decision-making that demonstrate a firm commitment to becoming a dental educator.
- Individual letters of nomination and evaluation from two faculty members that address the candidate’s career goals.
- A letter of recommendation from the student’s dean or person of equivalent academic rank.
- Transcripts obtained from the candidate’s school registrar verifying academic standing.
Contact Mr. Eric Lund, ADEA Professional Development Manager, at 202-289-7201 or email@example.com with questions.
Notification Date and Award Announcement
Scholarship recipients and applicants not receiving awards will be notified by February 1, 2016. The award will be announced during the 2016 ADEA Annual Session & Exhibition in Denver, March 12–15, 2016.
Mr. Jonathan Chodroff, Columbia University College of Dental Medicine
Ms. Kaitrin Kramer, University of Michigan School of Dentistry
Lt. Adam Bennett, Arizona School of Dentistry & Oral Health
Mr. Kyle Holmberg, University of Minnesota School of Dentistry
Mr. Jeffrey T. Hajibandeh, Columbia University College of Dental Medicine
Mr. Michael C. Shapiro, Columbia University College of Dental Medicine
Ms. Kayleigh A. Eaves, Columbia University College of Dental Medicine
Ms. Angela Gullard, University of Alabama at Birmingham School of Dentistry