2014 ADEA/Crest Oral-B Laboratories Scholarships for Predoctoral Dental Students Pursuing Academic Careers
The American Dental Education Association (ADEA) and The Procter & Gamble Company announce the ADEA/Crest Oral-B Laboratories Scholarships for Predoctoral Dental Students Pursuing Academic Careers. These scholarships support dental students who plan education beyond a doctoral degree and who have an interest in academic careers.
Each year two dental students receive the ADEA/Crest Oral-B Laboratories Scholarships for Predoctoral Dental Students Pursuing Academic Careers. Each scholarship recipient receives $5,000 to be applied as follows:
- $4,500 for tuition and fees
- $500 to subsidize travel to the 2014 ADEA Annual Session & Exhibition in San Antonio, Texas.
An applicant must:
- be enrolled in a predoctoral program at an ADEA Member Institution
- demonstrate interest in advanced education
- show commitment to pursuing an academic career in dental education
- be an ADEA Individual Member
All applications must be received on or before November 1, 2013.
Application Process Checklist
Using the ADEA online application process, applicants must submit on or before November 1, 2013:
- a personal statement detailing his or her experiences, influences, and decision-making that demonstrate a firm commitment to becoming a dental educator
- individual letters of nomination and evaluation from two faculty members that address the candidate’s career goals
- a letter of recommendation from the student’s dean or person of equivalent academic rank
- official transcripts verifying academic standing
Contact Mr. Eric Lund, ADEA Professional Development Manager, at 202-289-7201 or email@example.com with any questions.
Notification Date and Award Announcement
The recipients of the scholarship were notified on or before February 1, 2014. The award was announced in a ceremony during the 2014 ADEA Annual Session & Exhibition in San Antonio, Texas, March 15-18, 2014.
Lt. Adam Bennett, Arizona School of Dentistry & Oral Health
Mr. Kyle Holmberg, University of Minnesota School of Dentistry
Ms. Yvonne Aitken, Eastern Washington University
Ms. Brittany Minichbauer, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
Ms. Catherine R. Beebe, Idaho State University Department of Dental Hygiene
Ms. Qun Tang, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill School of Dentistry