Take Advantage of ADEA's Professional Development Opportunities
Advance Your Dental Education Career through ADEA's Professional Development Programs
ADEA offers the best continuing education programming to help you keep up-to-date in the ever evolving field of dental education. Whether you're looking to expand your teaching skills, enhance your leadership abilities, or learn about the latest research, ADEA has programs and resources that will help you meet your professional goals.
ADEA's professional development opportunities enable you to:
- Develop new teaching skills and refresh current competencies.
- Keep up-to-date on best practices in the classroom and in curriculum development.
- Learn how to incorporate the latest technologies into your teaching.
- Explore inter-professional education.
- Maintain licensure.
Take advantage of ADEA's numerous collaborative and self-directed learning opportunities.
Leadership Development Opportunities
ADEA began delivering formal educational programming for leadership development in 1994. Currently the Association offers superior leadership and personal development programs to the nation's most promising dental educators in two formats.
ADEA Leadership Institute, a yearlong program in four distinct phases that develops faculty members from all elements of dental education as the future leaders of dental and higher education.
ADEA Allied Dental Faculty Leadership Development Program, four days of intensive training in leadership especially for allied dental faculty members or program directors.
- The ADEA Summer Program for Emerging Academic Leaders is designed for faculty members who have been at their institution for less than three years, and who have demonstrated the potential for making significant contributions to academic dentistry. The program focuses on helping faculty plan and implement successful academic careers by cultivating leadership, facilitating networking with colleagues and providing mentorship from leaders in dental education.
Collaborative Learning Experiences
ADEA's collaborative learning experiences are dynamic, scheduled events where dental educators have the opportunity to connect with colleagues, expand their knowledge through discussion with peers, and participate in face-to-face educational exchanges with content experts while earning CE credits.
For information regarding Chairs and Academic
Administrators Management Program (CAAMP), Compass Program for Academic
Advancement (Compass), Institute for Advancing Higher Education (IAHE) and Institute for Teaching and Learning (ITL), click here.
Self-Directed Learning Experiences
If you like to access information on your own at your own pace, then ADEA's self-directed learning experiences are for you.
Professional Development Resources
Educational resources are materials that faculty may use to supplement teaching materials.
Scholarships and Fellowships
In addition, ADEA offers a variety of resources to help financially support participation in learning experiences:
For more detailed information, visit
. If you have questions about ADEA professional development programs, please call (202) 289-7201 or email