Instructions for Preparing Abstracts
- Abstracts can only be submitted via the online form on the ADEA website; submissions by fax, post or email will not be considered.
- All abstracts must be written in English. For your convenience, editor/translator services are listed below.
- It is the author’s responsibility to submit an error-free abstract. Spelling or grammar errors will be reproduced as submitted and changes to the abstract will not be permitted once submitted. Abstract titles will be spell checked if the abstract is selected for presentation.
- Indicate presentation method: Poster or oral.
- Abstract Title. Make the title brief (40 words maximum). Type in title format with each word beginning with an uppercase letter.
- Author Names and Institutional Affiliation. Type each author’s name followed by the institutional affiliation and email address. List author degrees. Do not list titles or department names. Type names and affiliations of authors in upper and lower case letters.
- Abstract (400 words maximum). Organize the body of the abstract as follows:
List three learning objectives. For assistance writing learning objectives, click here.
Abstracts from prior International Women’s Leadership Conferences are available for your reference here.
- Statement of the study’s purpose.
- Statement of methods used.
- Summary of the results, presented in sufficient detail to support the findings.
- Summary statement or statement of conclusions.
Select the conference theme of your abstract submission from the drop down menu.
- Women in dental education to improve oral health
- Strategies to enhance leadership potential of emerging women leaders
- Trends in the oral health workforce, globally
- Oral health literacy
- Women in community oral health research
- Cultural competency concepts in a global context
- Women balancing career and family obligations
- Allied health careers in the health workforce
- Alternative careers for women in dentistry
- Collaboration across health profession disciplines for better oral health outcomes
Abstracts can be submitted online here. The submission deadline is February 28, 2014, and accepted presenters will be notified on April 15, 2014. Accepted abstracts will be distributed to all conference attendees.
For inquiries about the abstracts or the conference, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.