With support from Colgate-Palmolive Co., ADEA is offering scholarships to help defray the cost of attending the conference and to facilitate wide global representation and participation from professionals at all career levels.
Full-time faculty members, research professionals, advanced dental education associates and graduate students in good standing with their degree programs (as evidenced by documentation from the institution signed by the dean or chief operating officer) are eligible to apply for travel support.
The amount of the scholarship will be based on round-trip travel at the lowest available price between the applicant’s home and Barcelona, Spain; or the cost of a two-night stay at the conference hotel; or conference registration.
Award funds will be issued by bank check in U.S. currency after the conference. Funds will be issued upon confirmation of the applicant’s attendance and receipt of proof of purchase of travel costs or hotel stay. Awards to cover the conference registration fee will be made available prior to the conference.
One request/application per applicant will be considered. No more than two travel scholarships per institution will be awarded.
In addition to completing the online application, the following documentation must be submitted by email to IWLC@adea.org for consideration of travel support:
- A letter from the applicant’s dean or college’s chief operating officer confirming the applicant’s full-time status with the institution, and interest in the ADEA IWLC.
- A statement from the applicant explaining the following (not to exceed 300 words):
- The applicant’s general interest and expectations for the meeting.
- How the leadership experience will help the applicant’s personal and professional development.
- How the experience will help the applicant’s institution and larger community.
If you are ready to submit a scholarship application, please click here.
Complete online applications with supporting documentation emailed to IWLC@adea.org must be received by February 28, 2014. Applications that are incomplete or received after February 28, 2014 will not be considered.
Award notices will be emailed on April 15, 2014.
By submitting a request for travel assistance, the applicant gives consent to ADEA for the use of his or her name, image and likeness in conference marketing material, including providing video/voice recordings and/or written testimonial.