Oral abstracts will be presented in a panel format and organized by conference themes. The themed panels will be sequenced from 1:30 p.m. - 3:30 p.m. during session hours on Tuesday, September 16.
For logistics purposes, presenters will receive information about their assigned panel (primary author names, abstract titles, on-site room location) on Friday, August 15.
Oral abstract presenters will be allocated 10 minutes for their presentation and 5 minutes for questions and answers with the audience. If you exceed your 10-minute presentation time, the question-and-answer period after the presentation will be shortened. If presentations exceed the 15-minute mark, the moderator will interrupt.
Presenters may use MS PowerPoint. This software is the only acceptable electronic presentation format.
For an optimal learning experience, your presentation should contain approximately 1 slide per minute or 10-15 slides total
PowerPoint presentations should be sent to IWLC@adea.org no later than August 30. Also, you are advised to bring a digital and hardcopy version of your presentation.
For presentations that include videos, please use your own laptop for your presentation because the on-site computers may be incompatible with your presentation.
Please plan to be in the room for your session 5 minutes in advance.
The dimensions of the usable work area are: 81.0 x 36.9 (inches) or 208 x 94.5 (centimeters). Please note that you may use all or part of the usable work area to display your poster. A visual is attached.
- The poster board is melamine and the background color is white.
- Posters will adhere to the board using double-sided tape. Tape will be provided to presenters on-site during poster set-up.
- Fit your poster on one side of the board.
- Prepare a label to be affixed at the top of the poster board. The point size of the type should be 1 inch (25cm). Indicate on the label: 1. Title; 2. Author(s)
- Enlarge the abstract as submitted, and affix it to your board.
- You have complete freedom in displaying your information in figures, tables, text, photographs or a combination of these elements. The presentation must cover the same material as the abstract.
- Briefly describe procedures and materials. Define all trade names first, and then use generic names throughout.
- Prepare all illustrations neatly and legibly beforehand and in a size sufficient to be read at distance of 8 feet. Hand-lettering should be at least 3/8 inch (1cm) high. Shade block letters if possible.
Poster Setup and Removal
- Poster setup is between 7:00 a.m. and 7:50 a.m. on Tuesday, September 16.
- On your designated board, you will find all the materials needed for mounting your poster; your coauthors are welcome to help with the setup.
- The location and time of poster presentations will be listed in the final conference program.
- Please wear your name badge so individuals may identify you as one of the authors.
- At the end of the session, remove all materials when you remove your poster.
- The poster-viewing session is scheduled for Tuesday, September 16, 11:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
- Please make sure that you arrive in front of your poster by 11:25 a.m. Any coauthors are welcome to join you.
Authors may prepare handouts of their work to distribute to interested attendees.