ADEA/Colgate/AAL Institute for Allied Health Educators
ADEA/Colgate/AAL Institute for Allied Health Educators (ADEA/Colgate/AAL IAHE) provides allied health educators with educational methodologies and best practices for teaching. Courses in the ADEA/Colgate/AAL IAHE series are delivered entirely online, to give participants maximum flexibility, convenience and opportunity to learn.
Each course in the ADEA/Colgate/AAL IAHE series is divided into five live, online, evening sessions. Each course is independent of the others, and courses may be taken in any order. Live sessions are recorded and archived.
ADEA gratefully acknowledges the generous, exclusive support from Colgate for the ADEA/Colgate/AAL IAHE.
Upcoming ADEA/Colgate/AAL IAHE Courses:
Live sessions on July 1, July 8, July 15, July 22 and July 29, 2015, from 8:00 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. Eastern Time.
- Using technology in teaching
- Classroom assessments
- Academic honesty and classroom civility
- Evidence-based practices in teaching
- Conflict management
Live sessions on October 21, October 28, November 4, November 11 and November 18, 2015, from 8:00 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. Eastern Time.
- Faculty calibration
- Creating a flipped classroom
- Designing hybrid courses
- Curriculum design and management
- Faculty motivation
Live sessions on January 20, January 27, February 3, February 10 and February 17, 2016, from 8:00 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. Eastern Time.
- Using case-based and problem-based learning to enrich curriculum
- Best practices for planning courses
- Working productively with struggling students
- Portfolios for assessment
- Classroom teaching: preparation and presentation
Live sessions on March 30, April 6, April 13, April 20 and April 27, 2016, from 8:00 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. Eastern Time.
- Patient education and risk assessment
- Treatment of medically compromised patients
- Teaching strategies and evaluation of patient assessment
- Addressing generational differences among students, faculty and patients
- Interprofessional collaboration for patient treatment
The American Dental Education Association is an ADA Continuing Education Recognition Program (CERP) Recognized Provider. ADA CERP is a service of the American Dental Association to assist dental professionals in identifying quality providers of continuing dental education. ADA CERP does not approve or endorse individual courses or instructors, nor does it imply acceptance of credit hours by boards of dentistry.
The Institute for Allied Health Educators (IAHE) is an American Dental Education Association (ADEA) and AAL Collaboration, with exclusive sponsorship from Colgate-Palmolive Co.