The Institute for Allied Health Educators (IAHE)
Acquire the skills of a master educator with the ADEA/AAL Institute for Allied Health Educators
The ADEA/AAL Institute for Allied Health Educators (ADEA/AAL IAHE), sponsored exclusively by the Colgate-Palmolive Company, provides allied health educators with educational methodologies and best practices for teaching. Programs of the ADEA/AAL IAHE are delivered entirely online, to give participants maximum flexibility, convenience, and opportunity to learn.
Each program is independent of the others, and may be in any order. Live sessions are recorded and archived
Each ADEA/AAL IAHE program is divided into five live, online, evening sessions. Each session begins at 8:00 p.m. Eastern Time, and lasts approximately 90 minutes. Assignments are provided before and after each session.
Upcoming ADEA/ AAL IAHE Programs:
Live Online Sessions on January 22, January 29, February 5, February 12 and February 19, 2014, from 8:00 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. Eastern
- Classroom Teaching: Preparation and Presentation
- Using case-based and problem-based learning to enrich curriculum
- Best practices for planning courses
- Working productively with struggling students
- Portfolios for assessment
March 12, March 26, April 2, April 9 and April 16, 2014, from 8:00 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. Eastern
- Patient education and risk assessment
- Treatment of medically compromised patients
- Collecting patient histories and clinical patient assessment
- Addressing generational differences among students, faculty, and patients
- Interprofessional collaboration for patient treatment
Live Online Sessions on June 25, July 2, July 9, July 16 and July 23, 2014, from 8:00 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. Eastern
- Using technology in teaching
- Classroom assessments
- Academic honesty and classroom civility
- Evidence-based practices in teaching
- Conflict management
Learn more about the ADEA/ AAL IAHE programs or register online today. For alumni and group discount information, contact AAL Project Manager Felicia Tucker-Lively at email@example.com or 404-350-2098.
The American Dental Education Association is an ADA Continuing Education Recognition Program (CERP) Recognized Provider. ADA CERP is a service of the American Dental Association to assist dental professionals in identifying quality providers of continuing dental education. ADA CERP does not approve or endorse individual courses or instructors, nor does it imply acceptance of credit hours by boards of dentistry.
American Dental Education Association designates this activity for continuing education credits.
The Institute for Allied Health Educators (IAHE) is an American Dental Education Association (ADEA) and AAL Collaboration, with exclusive sponsorship from Colgate-Palmolive Co.