ADEA/Colgate/AAL Institute for Allied Health Educators
ADEA/Colgate/AAL Institute for Allied Health Educators (ADEA/Colgate/AAL IAHE) provides allied health educators with educational methodologies and best practices for teaching. Courses in the ADEA/Colgate/AAL IAHE series are delivered entirely online, to give participants maximum flexibility, convenience and opportunity to learn.
Each course in the ADEA/Colgate/AAL IAHE series is divided into five live, online, evening sessions. Each course is independent of the others, and courses may be taken in any order. Live sessions are recorded and archived.
ADEA gratefully acknowledges the generous, exclusive support from Colgate for the ADEA/Colgate/AAL IAHE.
Upcoming ADEA/Colgate/AAL IAHE Courses:
Live sessions on January 25, February 1, February 8, February 15 and February 22 from 8:00 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. Eastern Time.
- Patient assessment strategies and evaluation
- Patient education and risk assessment
- Telemedicine practices and alternative practices
- Interprofessional collaboration for patient treatment
- Treatment of medically compromised patients
Live sessions on March 29, April 5, April 12, April 19 and April 26 from 8:00 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. Eastern Time.
- Learning theories and teaching strategies for the age of technology
- Classroom assessment
- Evidence-based decision making
- Critical appraisal skills for critical thinking
- Case-based learning strategies to improve student outcomes
Live sessions on June 14, June 21, June 28, July 5 and July 12 from 8:00 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. Eastern Time.
- Creating a culture of civility
- Use of mindfulness strategies
- Conflict management
- Teaching and feedback styles
- Academic honesty
Live sessions on October 11, October 18, October 25, November 1 and November 8 from 8:00 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. Eastern Time.
- Creating a blended learning environment
- Curriculum design and management
- Content mapping for curriculum outcomes assessment
- Multidisciplinary approach to developing rubrics
- Faculty motivation
The American Dental Education Association is an ADA Continuing Education Recognition Program (CERP) Recognized Provider. ADA CERP is a service of the American Dental Association to assist dental professionals in identifying quality providers of continuing dental education. ADA CERP does not approve or endorse individual courses or instructors, nor does it imply acceptance of credit hours by boards of dentistry.
The Institute for Allied Health Educators (IAHE) is an American Dental Education Association (ADEA) and AAL Collaboration, with exclusive sponsorship from Colgate-Palmolive Co.