ADEA Leadership Institute Phase V Leadership Development Tuition Scholarship
ADEA/AAL Chairs and Academic Administrators
August 2018 | Atlanta, GA
The American Dental Education Association (ADEA) announces the ADEA Leadership Institute Phase V Leadership Development Tuition Scholarship: ADEA/AAL Chairs and Academic Administrators Management Program. This scholarship was created to enable an alumnus or alumna of the ADEA Leadership Institute to participate in
the ADEA/AAL Chairs and Academic Administrators Management Program (ADEA/AAL CAAMP).
In the ADEA/AAL CAAMP, participants engage in individual, small-group and class-wide exercises and discussions related to:
- Exploring strategic planning and execution.
- Learning about academic legal issues.
- Enhancing communication skills and interpersonal interactions.
- Conducting effective meetings.
- Exploring fiscal management and resource allocation.
- Managing conflict.
- Supporting faculty development.
- Learning about character-based leadership models.
One $2,195 tuition scholarship will be awarded in 2018. The scholarship recipient, or his or her institution, will be responsible for lodging and transportation expenses associated with participating in the program, held in Atlanta.
An applicant must:
- Agree to the terms of scholarship, which includes participating in the program’s entirety. Additionally, the applicant may be asked to participate in a video testimonial of the scholarship’s impact on his or her professional development. Portions of
the report and video may be used for ADEA promotional purposes.
- Be an alumnus/alumna of the ADEA Leadership Institute.
- Be a full- or part-time educator or administrator at an ADEA Member Institution.
- Be an ADEA Individual Member.
The following items must be submitted by November 1, 2017, using the ADEA online application process:
- A completed ADEA Leadership Development Tuition Scholarship application form, including a personal statement describing the applicant’s strengths and weaknesses as a leader and an explanation of how participation in the CAAMP program would further
his or her professional development.
- A current curriculum vitae.
Receipt of entries cannot be acknowledged. Incomplete applications or late submissions will not be considered.
Scholarship recipients and applicants not receiving awards will be notified by February 1, 2018.
Contact Mr. Eric Lund, ADEA Professional Development Manager, at 202-289-7201 or
Dr. Vineet Dhar, University of Maryland School of Dentistry