ADEA DHCAS Applicants
ADEA Dental Hygiene Centralized Application Service (ADEA DHCAS) is the centralized application service for applicants to dental hygiene programs. For applicants who wish to become dental hygienists, or are licensed hygienists and would like to continue their education, ADEA DHCAS is the place to research programs and submit an application. Save time and energy by completing one application for multiple programs.
ADEA is seeking a smart, ambitious Fellow to help expand its outreach and communications to students interested in pursuing a career in dental hygiene. Apply today.
Applying through ADEA DHCAS
The ADEA DHCAS application is open from September 15, 2015 to August 19, 2016. Applicants can only open one application per cycle. It is the applicant’s responsibility to read, understand and follow all ADEA DHCAS and program-specific instructions.
Check out the ADEA DHCAS
Search Engine page search for programs and find program requirements before you apply.
It is your responsibility to select the correct program level:
- Entry Level: These are programs in dental hygiene are for those who are interested in becoming a dental hygienist. Applicants may earn an associates, bachelor’s, or postbaccalaureate degree. Following is a subset of the types of entry-level programs offered:
- Entry Level Associates
- Entry Level Bachelor
- Entry Level Certificate
- Entry Level Postbaccalaureate
- Degree Completion: These programs offer a bachelor’s degree in dental hygiene for licensed dental hygienists who have graduated from a Commission on Dental Accreditation (or CODA) accredited dental hygiene program.
These programs offer a master’s degree in dental hygiene for licensed dental hygienists who have graduated from a CODA-accredited dental hygiene program and hold a bachelor’s degree.
(Right click on the button, and open the link in a new window.)
- All participating programs have a profile on the
ADEA DHCAS Search Engine. Search by program type, program name, teaching methods or state. Profiles include contact information, program requirements and program descriptions.
- Connect with other dental hygiene applicants and students on
ADEA GoDental .
- Every applicant must have a DENTPIN® to initiate an ADEA DHCAS application. To request a DENTPIN, visit the
American Dental Association.
- Licensed dental hygienists can fill out the
DENTPIN request form to retrieve their existing DENTPINs.
This page includes the general application instructions, frequently asked questions, and information about the fee assistance program.
Short on time? Click here for a printable
ADEA DHCAS Checklist.
Contact ADEA DHCAS
Customer Service is available Monday-Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Eastern Time.