Colleges Attended (Transcripts)
You will not be able to revise this section after e-submitting your ADEA AADSAS application. However, you will be able to add newly completed courses during the Academic Update period. Please watch the ADEA AADSAS website for more information on the Academic Update period which begins in mid-November. Review your entries carefully before submitting.
List all undergraduate, graduate and professional institutions you have attended or plan to attend through the completion of Summer 2013. Enter all colleges and universities you attended EVEN IF THE COURSES are not required for admission to dental school or if they transferred to anther institution. Include non-degree programs. If you attended foreign institutions, select "Non-U.S. Canadian (Foreign) College/University," code #444444. Enter each institution only once, regardless of the number of degrees earned or gaps in the dates of attendance.
ADEA AADSAS requires a separate official transcript from each U.S. and Canadian institution attended, including branch campuses if they issue transcripts separately from the parent university. All transcripts must arrive at the ADEA AADSAS Transcript Processing Department by the application deadline dates of your designated schools.
If your transcript arrives at the ADEA AADSAS Transcript Processing Department after a school's ADEA AADSAS deadline (and prior to February 3), but you submitted your application and paid your fee by the deadline, ADEA AADSAS will still send your application to the school; however, it is the school's decision whether they will consider your application.
Name of College or University
- Select "Add New Entry"
- Select your college or university
- If you do not see your institution in the list, check to see if it may be listed under an alternate name. If your institution is not listed, select "Not Listed US/Canadian Institution" and contact AADSAS Customer Service at 617-612-2045 or firstname.lastname@example.org. A Customer Service representative will inform you of the next steps to take.
- If you attended a foreign institution, select "Non-US Canadian (Foreign) Institution."
Enter name of non-U.S./non-Canadian institution if applicable
If you attended a foreign institution enter the name of your institution in this field.
Date of Attendance Enter the beginning and ending dates of attendance, or anticipated end date, regardless of gaps in attendance.
1st Degree (section)
1st Degree If you earned a degree from the institution, select the appropriate degree from the list. If you did not earn a degree from the institution, select "None."
1st Degree Status Select the status of first degree for this institution at the time you submit your application to ADEA AADSAS. Select "No Degree Planned," "Degree Expected," or "Degree Awarded."
Date 1st Degree Earned or Anticipated Enter the date you earned or expect to earn the first degree. If you will not earn a degree from this institution, leave the field blank.
Major for 1st Degree Enter official major course of study at the institution, if applicable. Select "No Major" if none.
2nd Major for 1st Degree Enter second major course of study at the institution. For instance, you completed a double major as an undergraduate student. Select "No Major" if you did not have a second major.
2nd Degree (section)
2nd Degree from Same Institution If you earned a second degree from the same institution, select the second degree from the list provided. For example, you earned an Associate's degree from ABC University and subsequently a Bachelor's degree from ABC University. Enter your Bachelor's degree information from ABC University in this section. (However, if you earned your Associate's degree from ABC University and your Bachelor's degree from XYZ university, do not list your Bachelor's degree here; list it when you are entering degree information for XYZ university.)
2nd Degree Status Select the status of your second degree for this institution. Select "No Degree Planned," "Degree Expected," or "Degree Awarded."
Date 2nd Degree Earned or Anticipated Enter the date you earned or expect to earn the second degree from the same institution. If you will not earn a degree from this institution, leave the field blank. Do not enter your minor.
Major for 2nd Degree from Same Institution Enter major or course of study for the second degree, if earned from the same institution.
2nd Major for 2nd Degree from Same Institution Enter second major for your second degree. If you did not have a second major, indicate "none."
Dental Certificate Earned If you have earned a professional certificate in the field of dentistry, select the type of earned certificate from the drop-down menu box.
Submitting Transcripts From Colleges Attended
Carefully read all instructions regarding the submission of transcripts for the specified types of coursework: (1) U.S. and Canadian institutions, (2) Study Abroad, (3) International (Foreign non-English speaking), and (4) U.S. overseas institutions.
- Arrange for a sealed official transcript, accompanied by the AADSAS Transcript Matching Form to be sent directly to the ADEA AADSAS Transcript Processing Department from every accredited U.S. and Canadian institution you have attended. ADEA AADSAS will not accept student-issued transcripts or transcripts sent by an applicant.
- Transfer credit(s) appearing on a transcript cannot be accepted in lieu of an original transcript from the institution where the coursework was originally taken. Send transcripts for all colleges and universities you have attended regardless of whether course credit transferred to another college or university and appears on that transcript.
- Arrange for the ADEA AADSAS Transcript Processing Department to receive all of your official transcripts by the application deadline date set by your designated dental schools. A dental school may choose not to consider your application for admission if ADEA AADSAS receives your transcripts late; however, ADEA AADSAS will verify coursework and forward your application to all designated dental schools even if your transcripts are received late (prior to February 15).
- Obtain a personal copy of each transcript for your records and properly complete the Coursework section of your application.
- It is your responsibility to verify and ensure that ADEA AADSAS has received all of your official transcripts. Check the status of your transcripts regularly by logging into your ADEA AADSAS application, select Status on the horizontal tool bar, and select Transcripts.
Transcript Matching Form The Colleges Attended section of the ADEA AADSAS application allows you to print the AADSAS Transcript Matching Forms. ADEA AADSAS requires that you print the AADSAS Transcript Matching Form for each transcript being requested and advise your Registrar's office to attach the AADSAS Transcript Matching Form to each official transcript. This form contains the school's name and a bar code that helps ADEA AADSAS properly match your official transcripts to your ADEA AADSAS application. If your current name is different from the name listed on your transcript, you MUST include both your current and former name on the AADSAS Transcript Matching Form.
Do not use forms from previous ADEA AADSAS application cycles. They will not be accepted.
How to Print a Transcript Matching Form
- Login to your ADEA AADSAS application, go to the Colleges Attended section of the Application Checklist, select Transcript Matching Form located to the left of each college attended.
- Click on the icon in the "Transcript Matching Form" column to download and print the AADSAS Transcript Matching Form.
- Complete the form and submit to each registrar office of every accredited U.S. and Canadian college/university you have attended. Print a copy for each college and university attended. Each institution's name is pre-printed on the Transcript Matching Form.
- Be sure to advise the Registrar office to enclose the AADSAS Transcript Matching Form with your official sealed transcript and mail it directly to the ADEA AADSAS Transcript Processing Department. ADEA AADSAS has difficulties matching official transcripts that are not accompanied by the AADSAS Transcript Matching Form, which can result in a delay in processing your application.
All U.S./Canadian and U.S. overseas transcripts should be sent to:
ADEA, AADSAS Transcript Processing Department, P.O. Box 9110 Watertown, MA 02471
Canadian Transcripts Follow steps 1 – 5 above (Submitting Transcripts From Colleges Attended) to have your English-speaking Canadian transcripts sent to ADEA AADSAS. Canadian transcripts written in French must be submitted according to the international (foreign) transcript requirements.
Study Abroad If you participated in a Study Abroad program under the sponsorship of a U.S. or Canadian institution and the international coursework appears on the U.S./Canadian transcript as regular itemized credit, only list the U.S. or Canadian institution on your ADEA AADSAS application. DO NOT list the international (foreign) institution. Arrange for only the U.S. or Canadian transcript to be sent to the ADEA AADSAS Transcript Processing Department. ADEA AADSAS processes study-abroad coursework in the same manner as U.S. and Canadian coursework.
Overseas U.S. Institutions Overseas U.S. institutions are:
- Located outside U.S. borders,
- Accredited by a regional institutional accrediting agency recognized by the U.S. Department of Education, and
- Use English as the primary language of instruction and documentation.
If you attended an overseas U.S. institution, report it to ADEA AADSAS in the same manner as your U.S. and (English-speaking) Canadian institutions, arrange for an official transcript to be forwarded to ADEA AADSAS. List all coursework on your ADEA AADSAS application. U.S. institutions with campuses overseas are also considered U.S. colleges for which transcripts are required and all coursework must be listed.
International Transcripts Enter coursework taken at all international colleges/universities in the Coursework section. Be sure to designate that the institution is a "Non-US/Canadian Foreign Institution" in the Colleges Attended section of the application. Although ADEA AADSAS permits you to list foreign coursework in your application, ADEA AADSAS does not verify this coursework for authenticity and does not use grades from international transcripts in computing ADEA AADSAS GPA's.
You are strongly encouraged to submit one transcript from every international college/university you have attended. ADEA AADSAS also encourages international applicants to submit a copy of any evaluation of international coursework that has been completed by an official credential evaluation service. (i.e: ECE, WES)
ADEA AADSAS will forward a photocopy of your international transcript and evaluation to your designated dental school.
All international (foreign) transcripts and transcript evaluations should be sent to:
- AADSAS International Transcript Processing Department, c/o Liaison International, 311 Arsenal Street, Suite 15, Watertown, MA 02472
Release of Documents Copies of transcripts, evaluations, and information submitted for ADEA AADSAS applications are released only to the dental schools that are in the Dental School Designation section of an applicant's ADEA AADSAS application. ADEA AADSAS will not release copies of any of these items--or completed applications--to applicants, advisors, dental school faculty, dental school admissions counselors, or any other party.