Academic Enrichment Programs
You will not be able to revise this section after e-submitting your ADEA AADSAS application. Review your entries carefully before submitting.
Academic Enrichment Programs include programs sponsored by colleges, universities or other not-for-profit organizations that are frequently targeted to students from disadvantaged backgrounds. They can include:
- exposure to health careers by shadowing healthcare professionals
- special academic support such as study skills development, time management, review of science course content
- special research experiences
These experiences can occur in high school, during college (frequently summer programs), or as post-baccalaureate programs. Examples of Academic Enrichment Programs include the Summer Medical and Dental Education Program (SMDEP) and post-baccalaureate programs.
Do not list DAT preparation courses that are offered by commercial test preparation companies (i.e, Kaplan, Princeton Review).
Provide the name of the program, a brief description, and total hours of participation, and dates of experience(s) in this section:
- Name of Program: Enter name of program
- Brief Description: Provide a brief description of the program and the extent of your participation.You are limited to 175 characters, including spaces.
- Total Number of Hours: Enter number of hours worked.
- Month of Start Date: Select date from pull down menu.
- Year of Start Date: Select date from pull down menu.
- Month of End Date: Select month from pull down menu.
- Year of End Date: Select year from pull down menu.