The American Dental Education Association (ADEA) is the leading national organization for dental education. Our members include all U.S. and Canadian dental schools, advanced dental education programs, hospital dental education programs, allied dental education programs, corporations, faculty, and students.
The mission of the American Dental Education Association is to lead individuals and institutions of the dental education community to address contemporary issues influencing education, research, and the delivery of oral health care for the improvement of the health of the public.
AADSAS is a service of ADEA. Contact ADEA AADSAS directly for questions about your ADEA AADSAS application at email@example.com or by calling 617-612-2045.
About ADEA AADSAS
The American Dental Education Association (ADEA) welcomes you to the American Associated Dental School Application Service (ADEA AADSAS). ADEA AADSAS is a centralized application service that simplifies the application process by providing one standard dental school application for AADSAS participating dental schools, thus relieving applicants of the need to complete multiple applications. Individuals applying through ADEA AADSAS complete one application which is sent to all dental schools designated by the applicant.
These instructions were designed to assist applicants as they complete the ADEA AADSAS application to the 2014 entering class. It is the applicant's responsibility to read, understand, and follow all ADEA AADSAS and school-specific instructions. As a part of submitting an ADEA AADSAS application, applicants must certify that they have read, understand, and agree to comply with ADEA AADSAS instructions.
Contact ADEA AADSAS
The fastest and most convenient way to check your application status is online. You can view the real-time progress of your application by:
- Logging into your ADEA AADSAS application
- Going to the "My Application Status" section
If you have questions and need to speak with an ADEA AADSAS customer service representative, please see the contact information below.
Provide your ADEA AADSAS ID number and name in all correspondence. Allow up to 3-5 business days for ADEA AADSAS to respond to your inquiry, as research may be required. ADEA AADSAS will only discuss an application with the applicant and the applicant's designated dental schools. Customer Service representatives do not discuss an application with parents, spouses, relatives, friends or employers.
Customer Service Contact Information:
Hours: Monday-Friday (9:00am - 4:30pm Eastern time), except federal holidays
Note: ADEA AADSAS processing takes 4-6 weeks after your application has been submitted to ADEA AADSAS.
The 2014 ADEA AADSAS application requires all applicants to provide a DENTPIN®, a unique identification number assigned to all applicants and students in dental education and standardized testing programs. You may have obtained a DENTPIN® when you registered for the DAT. If not, you will be prompted to register for a DENTPIN® when you create your 2014 ADEA AADSAS application. Your DENTPIN® will follow you throughout your dental education career and will be required to register for future examinations.To register for a DENTPIN® or to look up your current DENTPIN®, go to: http://www.ada.org/dentpin.aspx.
DAT Scores and ADEA AADSAS
Official DAT scores will be imported directly into the 2014 ADEA AADSAS application. As the DAT Guide indicates, when a candidate registers for the DAT, permission is given to share scores with ADEA AADSAS.
When registering for the DAT, the candidate must select the dental schools that they wish to receive their scores. Candidates can select as many dental schools as they wish. After the DAT is taken, ADEA AADSAS will retrieve the candidate's scores and will distribute them to all schools designated in the ADEA AADSAS application. ADEA AADSAS is not able to retrieve official DAT scores for applicants who did not indicate any ADEA AADSAS participating dental schools in their DAT registration.
Consult the DAT Guide if you did not designate any ADEA AADSAS participating schools when you registered for the DAT and you now want your scores to be included in your ADEA AADSAS application. ADEA AADSAS incorporates official DAT scores, including previous scores, into the ADEA AADSAS application, and reports to all dental schools designated in the ADEA AADSAS application. DAT scores received after the ADEA AADSAS application has been sent to dental schools will be added to the candidate's ADEA AADSAS application and a revised application will be distributed both electronically and print to the designated dental schools.
ADA Department of Testing Services
211 East Chicago Avenue, Suite 600
Chicago, IL 60611
ADEA AADSAS has implemented a process that allows re-applicants to import certain information from the previous application cycle into their current ADEA AADSAS application. A re-applicant is any applicant that applied to dental school through the previous ADEA AADSAS application cycle. In addition, a re-applicant's previous application materials must have been completed and mailed to dental schools to utilize this feature.
Applicants will need their log-in information from the previous ADEA AADSAS cycle. Re-Applicants that wish to utilize this feature should click on the "Re-Applying to ADEA AADSAS" link on the ADEA AADSAS application home screen and follow the instructions.
After Completing an ADEA AADSAS Application
You can access the ADEA AADSAS Dental School Application through the ADEA AADSAS website. Once you have created an ADEA AADSAS application account, you may log in to update your personal application data as often as you wish prior to e-submitting your application. After e-submitting your application, you may only make changes to the Account Information, Biographic Information, Canadian DAT Scores, and Evaluators sections.
Criminal Background Checks
The American Dental Education Association (ADEA) AADSAS has implemented a service for dental schools that wish to obtain a criminal background check on all admitted students. Individuals who are extended offers of admission to participating dental schools will be contacted by Certiphi® Screening Inc. after the admissions offers has been made to conduct a background check.
Applicants can view schools that participate in the ADEA criminal background check system by visiting the "Dental Schools Designation" section of their application.
Once accepted at a participating dental school, Certiphi®Screening, Inc. will send an email to the preferred email address entered in the ADEA AADSAS application. This email will provide you with access to a secure online form which you will provide basic identifying information and consent for this report to be procured. Your consent will serve for all dental schools, and you will not be asked to provide consent upon receiving additional, conditional acceptance offers by participating dental schools.
Once you have provided consent, Certiphi® Screening, Inc will procure a national background check on you. Once the report is complete, Certiphi® Screening Inc. will send an email to your preferred email address requesting that you review the report prior to its distribution. Upon reviewing this email:
- You will have (10) calendar days from the date this email is sent to review your report prior to this report being made available to the participating dental schools that request this report. If you do not review this report, the report will be distributed after this period elapses.
- You will be provided with an opportunity to contest the accuracy of the contents of the report within the specified ten (10) calendar day period.
- The report procured during this process will not be released to any party other than the dental schools requesting the report. ADEA AADSAS does not have access to this content.
If you have any questions about the Centralized Criminal Background Check, please contact:
Certiphi® Screening Inc.
Applicants inquiry only:
Phone: (800) 803-9582
8 am - 10 pm EST
You are responsible for properly completing your application, sending your supporting documentation and fees to ADEA AADSAS on time, regularly checking the status of your application online by logging in to your ADEA AADSAS application and checking your personal email for messages from ADEA AADSAS.
ADEA AADSAS applicants will:
- Be responsible for knowing the application process and admission prerequisites of each dental school. (ADEA AADSAS recommends that you purchase the ADEA Official Guide to Dental Schools.)
- Arrange for all official transcripts from all U.S., U.S.Overseas, English-speaking Canadian, and international (foreign) post-secondary institutions attended to arrive at the ADEA AADSAS Transcript Processing Department by the school's application deadline to ensure timely processing of your application (processing time takes up to 4-6 weeks).
- Print a Transcript Matching Form for each college/university attended and request the registrars' offices to attach the form to all transcripts sent to AADSAS. The Transcript Matching Form includes a barcode that links transcripts directly to your application. Send all transcripts to:
ADEA AADSAS Transcript Processing Department
P.O. Box 9110
Watertown, MA 02471
- Arrange for ADEA AADSAS to receive a course-by-course Transcript Evaluation Report for all international (foreign and French-speaking Canadian) institutions attended.
- Make sure your Evaluators list is current and accurate at all times (ADEA AADSAS does not enter evaluator information for you).
- Be responsible for updating all coursework and submitting updated transcripts during the Academic Update period.
- Submit the correct application fee.
- Use the ADEA AADSAS Payment Form if you choose to submit payment by check or money order to ADEA AADSAS (credit card payment is preferred).
- Print and retain a copy of the completed ADEA AADSAS application.
- Log off the ADEA AADSAS application after the completion of each entry or review session to protect against unauthorized access of application information submitted to ADEA AADSAS.
- Provide all required documents on the ADEA AADSAS application accurately and in a timely manner.
- Provide all supplemental information as requested by designated dental schools.
- Respond immediately to ALL notices, comments, instructions, and questions received from ADEA AADSAS and each school to which they apply. (Applicants are responsible for regularly checking their personal email and ADEA AADSAS application accounts for these important notices and questions!)
- Abide by the schools' application deadlines.
- Promptly update your ADEA AADSAS application of any change in contact information before February 3, 2014. (Notify schools directly after February 3, 2014.)
- Respond promptly to colleges and schools, either to accept or to decline interview invitations and offers of admission.
- It s the applicant's responsibility to monitor the status of their application and follow-upwith ADEA AADSAS on any incomplete or undelivered statuses and missing documents. ADEA AADSAS will not notify applicants that an application is incomplete or that documents are missing. Applicants can view their application status by logging onto the application website.
To access the web application online, your computer must meet the following requirements:
- Internet access.
- For the optimal browsing of the site, use Microsoft Internet Explorer 7.0 or a later release. You may also use Firefox 3.x (or higher), Chrome, or Safari.
- Cookies are enabled (default setting for Internet Explorer and Netscape).
- Pop-up windows are used, so pop-up blockers must be disabled.
- 800 x 600 screen resolution (1024 x 768 or larger is preferred).
- It is recommended that the browser window be maximized to take up the entire screen.
- As Microsoft no longer supports Internet Explorer for Macintosh computers, Mac users are advised to use Safari or Firefox.
In order to view and print Transcript and Letters of Evaluation Matching Request Forms you will need the Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Adobe Acrobat Reader is required for viewing and printing forms.
Security is a priority at ADEA. We are committed to protecting the security and confidentiality of your information. We use a combination of state-of-the-art technology and methods to help ensure that your online sessions are secure.
(Back to General Instructions Homepage)