ADEA CAAPID Applicants
Centralized Application for Advanced Placement for International Dentists
The ADEA Centralized Application for Advanced Placement for International Dentists (ADEA CAAPID) is available to all individuals applying to the participating programs. Applicants to ADEA CAAPID are internationally educated dental graduates who wish to practice dentistry in the U.S. or Canada. ADEA CAAPID includes advanced standing programs which are typically shorter in length compared to traditional D.D.S./D.M.D. degrees. ADEA CAAPID simplifies the application process by allowing you to submit one standardized application, rather than individual applications to each program. Advanced placement programs benefit by receiving uniform information on all applicants.
2018 Application Cycle
March 1, 2017 - February 22, 2018
Applicants from the 2016-17 ADEA CAAPID application cycle who need to access their previous application for reference purposes only may do so by clicking here.
ADEA membership is not a requirement to apply through ADEA CAAPID.
Interested in learning all about the ADEA CAAPID application process?
Click here to view a recording of the "Introduction to the 2018 ADEA CAAPID Application" webinar.
You may also download a PDF of the "Introduction to the 2018 ADEA CAAPID Application" presentation for potential applicants by
The presentation covers topics including who should apply through ADEA CAAPID, what information is needed to complete the application process, when the application becomes available, where to access the application online, and why the application is easy to use.
Additional resources to help you learn more about the ADEA CAAPID application process can be found below:
- Review the ADEA CAAPID Application Instructions.
- All participating programs have a profile on the ADEA CAAPID Directory. Browse by state. The profiles include contact information, program requirements, and a description of the program.
- To find out more about becoming licensed in the U.S. and Canada, visit ADEA GoDental.
- DENTPIN®: It is a personal identification number used in place of the social security number. Every applicant must retrieve a DENTPIN to initiate an ADEA CAAPID application. Click here to retrieve an existing DENTPIN.
Interested in learning about Bench Test Prep Courses for Internationally Trained Dentists?
- Click here to learn about a course being offered by Virginia Commonwealth University School of Dentistry.
Previously held courses:
- Click here to learn about a course being offered by the New York University College of Dentistry.
- Click here to learn about a course being offered by the University of Louisville School of Dentistry.
ADEA CAAPID® Customer Service
Customer Service Representatives are available Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Eastern Time, except federal holidays.