Letters of Evaluation(1)
ADEA CAAPID accepts and distributes up to three Letters of
Evaluation submitted on your behalf to each program you designated
in the application. Applicants can have no more than three Letters
of Evaluation. Letters of Evaluation may be submitted
electronically and/or by paper. Letters submitted will only be
processed if you have listed them in your application so that they
can be matched to the correct file.
ADEA CAAPID Directory to view the recommended source and number
of evaluations for your selected programs. Evaluators are
encouraged to electronically submit their Letters of Evaluation to
expedite the completion of your application. Letters of Evaluation
received after your application has been sent to programs will be
made available to those programs electronically in the upcoming
Electronic Option (preferred)
1. Select "electronic" in the" Evaluations" section of the
2. Enter the names and email addresses of your evaluators.
3. Select the waiver
statement that you prefer.
4. An email will be sent to your evaluators with instructions on
how to submit a Letter of Evaluation to ADEA CAAPID. This email
provides the evaluator with a link to our online evaluation portal
as well as a username and password. Please advise your evaluators to
check their spam or junk mail folders as some ADEA CAAPID
Evaluation Requests may be filtered by certain email providers.
5. Your Evaluator will then electronically complete and submit
the Letter of Evaluation. Once submitted, it will automatically
show as "completed" in the "Status" section of your application. No
paper forms need to be filled out or sent for electronic Letters of
Evaluations. Once an evaluator has completed the electronic
evaluation, both the applicant and the evaluator will receive an
email confirming that the evaluation has been received by ADEA
1. Select "paper" in the "Evaluations" section of the
2. You will be prompted to print a Letter of Evaluation Matching
Form for each evaluator. Each Letter of Evaluation Matching Form is
pre-printed with your name and contact information and has a
special bar code that helps ADEA CAAPID match the letter(s) to your
3. Request that your evaluators submit their letters as early as
possible. Faxed documents will not be accepted.
4. Submit official letters of evaluation in an envelope
containing the evaluator's signature across the closure. Evaluators
may use envelopes from their institution or business.
- Submit original document if available. Keep in mind that ADEA
CAAPID will not return any original document to the applicant.
- Submit notarized copies if official letters cannot be
5. You can only submit up to three Letters of Evaluation with
your ADEA CAAPID application.
If an evaluation is received without the proper contact
information (e.g., signature/name, telephone number, mailing
address, email address) the Letter of Evaluation will be considered
incomplete. ADEA CAAPID will contact you through your application
to request that the evaluation be completed and re-submitted to
ADEA CAAPID Processing Department,PO Box 9116, Watertown, MA 02471.