ADEA Curriculum Resource Center
The ADEA Curriculum Resource Center (ADEA CRC) is a state-of-the-art web portal for timely research and the latest dental educational resources. It contains high-quality learning materials that can be easily incorporated into faculty-developed courses, bringing together images, case studies, and original sources within the context of critical topics in dental education.
ADEA CRC modules contain:
- Curriculum guides: Overview, educational objectives, key terms, outline and key concepts, references and more.
- Image gallery: PowerPoint slide decks, animated slides and individual images.
- Resource library: Bibliographic information and abstracts for all sources cited in ADEA CRC modules and a glossary of terms used.
- Case studies: Profiles, intraoral photographs, radiographs, periodontal chartings, intraoral and extraoral exam forms and questions.
- Handouts: Journal articles, book chapters, reports and more.
- Advisory board recognition: Information about the members of the advisory boards for each module.
There are no restrictions on the use of ADEA CRC materials for teaching and learning.
To access the ADEA CRC:
The ADEA CRC is available, for free, to faculty who are ADEA members.
The topics of currently available modules are:
- Oral health care for older adults
This learning module is an important resource that can be used for the education of the next generation of dentists and hygienists, who will be required to care for the growing number of older adults in the United States.
- Dental plaque biofilm
Plaque biofilm bridges the basic and clinical sciences. By examining plaque biofilm from both of these perspectives, students will easily synthesize how the complex nature of plaque biofilm connects to treatment options and prevention strategies.
Erosive tooth wear has become a frequently occuring condition in all ages of our patients. In its early stages, the signs may be almost imperceptible. Comprehension of all the predisposing factors will enable the dentist to play a lead role in combating this common condition.
- Dentin hypersensitivity
Elements of this module on dentin hypersensitivity can be applied broadly within dental education: from neuroscience and the structure and function of the pulpo-dentin complex; through concepts of pain and coping behaviors; to gingival recession, tooth wear and tooth whitening; to properties of restorative materials and dentifrices.
- Periodontal diseases and overall health
The relationship between periodontal diseases and overall health is an area of concern to health care professionals in the management and promotion of patients’ overall health. A body of evidence is now available detailing the relationship of oral health and disease to overall health and disease.
- Gingival diseases
This module covers the spectrum of diseases and conditions that specifically affect the gingivae, in accordance with the American Academy of Periodontology’s Classification System for Periodontal Diseases and Conditions.