2015 ADEA Commission on Change and Innovation in Dental Education Liaisons Summer Meeting
Dates: Jun 09-11, 2015
Venue: Radisson Hotel & Suites Austin Downtown
Location: Austin, TX
Since 2005, the
ADEA Commission on Change and Innovation (CCI) in Dental Education has provided leadership and guidance in bringing curriculum reform to dental education.
The successes of the ADEA CCI do not end here.
Our next challenge is to reflect on the implementation of curricular changes and measure the outcomes of our programming to ensure the new competencies fully meet our desired intent. And because we are a diverse community of dental educators and institutions, one size does not fit all.
During this highly interactive and collaborative program, CCI Liaisons will be supported and encouraged to take their past efforts to fruition with a focus on assessment.
- Describe the history of ADEA CCI, its accomplishments and future liaison initiatives.
- Identify the salient aspects of the new competencies as they relate to accreditation standards.
- Demonstrate an understanding of assessment and evaluation.
- Operationalize the new competencies into diverse educational programs.
- Implement best practices in the assessment of the new competencies.
Download the ADEA CCI in Dental Education Summer Liaisons Meeting
preliminary agenda (updated 4/14/15).
Contact: Division of Professional Development and Meetings